Original topic:

Downgrade from One UI beta

(Topic created on: 29-10-2019 08:39 AM)
Samson1234
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi guys,

Im wanting to downgrade from the One UI beta because not being able to use google pay is a serious issue for me. I have withdrawen from the beta through the members app. The members app says that to downgrade I simply need to plug my phone into my computer and click to downgrade through smart switch but I cant find an option to do this! Any help would be greatly appreciated as I cant find a solution anywhere and I really need to be able to use contactless pay again. Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
CarloL
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hey @Samson1234!

You can cancel your participation to the Android OneUI by going into the Samsung Members app and heading to: Settings > Galaxy Beta Programme > Deregister.

You can re-install the old software version by using the PC version of Smart Switch. Once the software is re-installed, the device will be reset and all data that was generated during the Beta Program will be erased.

Also, all data which had been backed up before installing the beta software can be recovered, but there may be limitations in recovering data that was created after installing the beta software.

Samson1234
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Hi thanks for your response, so just to clarify does it have to be the windows version of smart switch instead of the mac version? Because I have looked through the mac version and there is no option to downgrade software through it. Cheers!
0 Likes
chaz009
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

i dont know , but even after withdrawing from beta participation, i didnt received any downgrade update in my samsung switch in my pc.

chaz009
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
did you find any solution??
0 Likes
Samson1234
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

No, I have now downloaded both the mac and windows versions of smart switch and there is no option anywhere to revert the software- the moderators are copy and pasting the same reply to every thread saying that there should be an option but there isn't! 

0 Likes
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Can you advise what SW version you are running by tapping *#1234# into the dialler and sharing a screenshot? 

Thanks, 

^Sachiko

0 Likes
Samson1234
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Screenshot_20191029-165747_DeviceKeystring.jpg

Hi Sachiko,

Thanks for the response- here are the details.

Cheers!

Sam

0 Likes