Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Can't connect via Mirrorlink

(Topic created on: 27-03-2019 03:20 PM)
Albee
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I'm trying to connect to a car head unit via Mirrorlink. Mirrorlink tries to download a certificate and fails (every time)

Error is:

Samsung Mirrorlink 1.1

Mirrorlink

Couldn't download certificate. Tap here to try again.

Anyone tried to connect via Mirrorlink and succeeded?

I have tried this with Car Mode installed and uninstalled and rebooted between each option, no difference.

61 REPLIES 61
Scott555
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@noogman, I totally understand complaining about Mirrorlink being discontinued.  I am 100% with you.  

My point was that people who are still asking the question about WHY it's not working.  As if they'll read the posts, erase their memory, and ask "I have a 2019 minivan with X entertainment center, a android X phone with X firmware, and 4 bars of 4G network connectivity...why can't I get a certificate from Samsung??"  

It's really unfortunate and a punch in the gut when a manufacturer, especially one like Samsung, will kill a service without offering anything in it's place.   I've made high-end vehicle purchases based on the technology available, I'd be furious if a peripheral provider arbitrarily discontinued one of the things I enjoyed most about the car.

Cheers,

Scott

hymssu
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hello 

I Have the same problem with Mirrorlink in my  Galaxy A51 updated to the latest version of OneUi2.1

Hope SAMSUNG do something for us. 

Naskhan
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
it is disappointing to find that I purchased my new Peugeot van, and Samsung does not support mirror link and I have to move from Samsung to iPhone,I've been using Samsung phone for year's and I am forced to buy iPhone.
0 Likes
Members_0pIyKGh
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Agree with all of you and real Samsung should reconsider this issue with Mirrorlink, as surely it is a feature everybody likes and wants to use it. Much more superior then Android Auto, which is full of bugs.

Matheo95
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I just bought new Škoda Fabia with Mirrorlink, it is sad that I can't use it with my samsung smartphone 😥. I am getting error when I am updating Mirrorlink certificates. 

vijayy
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

My samsung A50 also not working . same error please do something

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

***** you Samsung. They probably remove keypad from phone on next update.

0 Likes
Members_amHtymE
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Same to me. I've a Skoda Scala since last week and became aware of this problem right now. It's a shame.. Next mobile isn't a Samsung...

downshire
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
yes I would like my money back, you can't just remove features after purchase
cool_kuba
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Samsung please bring this feature back online, it is very important for many people!