Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Can't connect via Mirrorlink

(Topic created on: 06-07-2020 05:27 PM)
Albee
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I'm trying to connect to a car head unit via Mirrorlink. Mirrorlink tries to download a certificate and fails (every time)

Error is:

Samsung Mirrorlink 1.1

Mirrorlink

Couldn't download certificate. Tap here to try again.

Anyone tried to connect via Mirrorlink and succeeded?

I have tried this with Car Mode installed and uninstalled and rebooted between each option, no difference.

61 REPLIES 61
AnitaDS
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I've just bought an alexa auto, I have a Samsung s10 and although on the blurb about cars and phones it won't work with the model s10s  they list are the Asian versions. Install took a couple of minutes and works brilliantly controlling all my alexa home stuff from the car but also allows my to play Spotify via voice control in my car. So would also be able to use audible or tunein from car. In fact anything you use alexa for at home, diary info, weather, travel etc works from car. Love it, 

0 Likes
AnitaDS
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I did get mirrorlink to work, but it was rubbish. And android auto was worse. 

0 Likes
grizzmo
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Unfortunately, samsung has deactivated mirrorlink all together as per 2020-06-01. The 17th of june, they shut down their mirrorlink authentication server. Anyone trying to build a mirrorlink connection after that date for the first time will not be able to do so anymore. Anyone who connected prior to that date will be able to continue the connection until the first factory reset or upgrade. Samsung has dropped mirrorlink. You pay an expensive phone, like in my case the note 10, they advertise big with connectivity and dex, and now they shut down mirrorlink. We all should get money back for that. 

noogman
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have the same problem with obtaing certificate.

I am seriusly shocked and disappointe wuth this what samsumg did with Mirrorlink.

I just bought new A40 with mirrorlink to conect to my car. Spend a lot of money and just now realised that Samsung stop support it without any fter service. I even bought speciual application  on google play to use with MirrorLink. :smiling-face-with-horns::serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth:

Good and relaible compnay DOES NOT do like this.

SAMSUNG You can not let people down. You need to reestablish mirrorlink to have clinets in the future.

SAMSUNG do something.

AnnieDim
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Anonymous User I think you should really take this serious, I am using Samsung Galaxy S20 5G and get the message "Couldn't download certificate", therefore I am not able to link my phone to the car and use waze on my car's dashboard.... This is really frustrating to know that usually you can use your phone's apps in the car and now @Anonymous User has decided to stop working with MirrorLink and therefore we can't mirror our phones.

REALLY REALLY BAD!

Wobban
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

If they don't fix this soon they're going to lose customers. I'm really disappointed and I'm already looking for a new phone from a more trustworthy brand.

lee22
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

just bought a new van with built in satnav screen, and only way I can use a working satnav is to suction cup my phone to the windscreen!! Tried an old iPhone and it was an instant setup.

0 Likes
Scott555
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Did nobody read Grizz's post above from 2 weeks ago?  He explained exactly why mirrorlink isn't working anymore, why you can't get a certificate, etc.    The Operation has been shut down.

0 Likes
noogman
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi. 

YES. I have read that post ant it is a reason why we all are writting our complaints about it.  Closing mirrorlink support Samsung is not reliable company and I do not want to be let down in the future. My Samsung phone is for sale now and I am planning to buy LG or Huawei with mirrorlink. 

Microsoft does support for older versions of Windows for at least 10 years. Just for old users. Samsung kill them self by stopping mirrorlink support.

EmadYoussef
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Same problem same message .. i purchased the floating app and paid money for nothing .. 

Everything is installed and still getting the same silly message .. 

0 Likes