Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Browser/File Explorer crashes when uploading photo/document (S10+)

(Topic created on: 21/07/20 16:10)
BrettyB88
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hey everyone, 

Been having this issue for about a year now, and I figured it's time to ask. So when I'm in any browser (I mainly use Edge) and tap a prompt to upload something, four methods will pop up (Camera, Camcorder, Voice Recorder, and Files). When I select Files, the Android File Explorer will open and then crash immediately. When that happens, I have to close the browser and reopen it. It'll keep doing this over and over.

I should mention that I can use File Explorer independently with no issue, only has problems when it opens in the browser.

Any advice? Thanks everyone!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
dlpmikki
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Having the exact same problem on the Tab S7 (without it crashing the browser).  Does anyone have any answers?

Have tried restarting, device maintenance. Not done a hard reset because of the hassle and lack of guarantee won't just have the issue again.

0 Likes
BrettyB88
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I ended up having to completely reset my phone. I contacted support just after this post and that's what they recommended. It was a pain, but it fixed it. Haven't had the issue since.

0 Likes
dlpmikki
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

We found a workaround yesterday in that samsung internet offered myfiles as well as files to load pictures.  Then this morning there was a system update and files is working again! 

Thanks for replying though, good to know that it did work.

0 Likes