Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Browser/File Explorer crashes when uploading photo/document (S10+)

(Topic created on: 21-07-2020 03:10 PM)
BrettyB88
First Poster
Options

Hey everyone, 

Been having this issue for about a year now, and I figured it's time to ask. So when I'm in any browser (I mainly use Edge) and tap a prompt to upload something, four methods will pop up (Camera, Camcorder, Voice Recorder, and Files). When I select Files, the Android File Explorer will open and then crash immediately. When that happens, I have to close the browser and reopen it. It'll keep doing this over and over.

I should mention that I can use File Explorer independently with no issue, only has problems when it opens in the browser.

Any advice? Thanks everyone!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
dlpmikki
First Poster
Options

Having the exact same problem on the Tab S7 (without it crashing the browser).  Does anyone have any answers?

Have tried restarting, device maintenance. Not done a hard reset because of the hassle and lack of guarantee won't just have the issue again.

0 Likes
BrettyB88
First Poster
Options

I ended up having to completely reset my phone. I contacted support just after this post and that's what they recommended. It was a pain, but it fixed it. Haven't had the issue since.

0 Likes
dlpmikki
First Poster
Options

We found a workaround yesterday in that samsung internet offered myfiles as well as files to load pictures.  Then this morning there was a system update and files is working again! 

Thanks for replying though, good to know that it did work.

0 Likes