Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Broken Dark Mode?

(Topic created on: 24-10-2020 04:36 PM)
Talina
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have had phones with dark mode before and it made the pages black as well because that's the purpose of dark mode. For some reason when I turn on dark mode now only the header and keyboard on an app will look dark. The body of the website or app is still normal. I have tried switching in and out of modes and rebooting but nothing changes. Anyone else having trouble? 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Z7866
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
do the normal default samsung apps appear black?
0 Likes
Dave-S20U
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
It won't turn websites dark, if using Samsung Internet browser you need to enable that in the browser settings, other browsers you'll have to Google how to enable dark mode, and only apps that support dark mode will turn dark, you can force dark mode in unsupported apps using the Force Dark Mode setting in Developer Options
0 Likes
Talina
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Some of the apps are black. I do know that you have to enable dark mode on each app or browser, as I have, but they still show in light mode.

0 Likes
MrNtrev
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
try Developer options and force Dark mode Screenshot_20201025-004151_Samsung Internet.jpg
0 Likes
Talina
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Well, I tried the developer options and its closer to what I'm used to. Some still won't switch. I guess I will have to learn to deal. Thank you all for trying!

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Talina: Sorry to hear of your disappointment. For clarity, enabling Dark Mode via Settings > Display will only change the look of the user interface, but individual apps will be unaffected. Some apps will have their own dedicated Dark Mode settings which you may wish to explore, or you can utilise the Developer Options as per the advice above. 

0 Likes
Talina
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have enabled as much dark mode settings as humanly possible, either developer option or in each app manually but some like Chrome still aren't working. I'm just thankful I can at least adjust the brightness successfully. 

0 Likes