Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Auto restart feature

(Topic created on: 02/05/20 15:14)
Venom7000
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Did anyone use this AUTO RESTART feature (its in the device care)?
It suggests to auto restart the phone at certain time in order to refresh and boost its performance.

Does this mean that it wont recieve notifications untill you "wake up tomorrow and unlock it for the first time"?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Alpha07
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hello, Vemon7000. Yes, that is unfortunately the case. Although you will still receive calls, your notifications will not go through until you unlock your device after restarting. However, I do still recommend having this option enabled, as it is good for optimizing your device. Of course, I cannot judge your situation, but usually notifications you receive at 3 in the morning are not going to be as important if they're not calling you. I hope this answered your question!

Venom7000
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Yes I agree on the 3am notifications. However I would like to be woken up by the messages/email I got during the night.

Also I have seen some people complain that the Alarm clock will not work (bug) if you enable auto restart.

Is this still true or has it been fixed?
0 Likes
Alpha07
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Regarding the clock, this issue has been fixed in a recent Clock update. If you would like to still get your notifications, disable Auto Restart, or change the time of the restart to suit your schedule.

Venom7000
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Sadly when you rly think about it. There is no "good time" not to get notifications. But still thank you for the info! :smiling-face:

P.s- did you see any benefit to this feature vs not using it?

0 Likes
Alpha07
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Personally, I used to have it on, but I found no difference in performance by turning it off. However, I do think that, perhaps every month or so, you should have some time where the device is completely inactive. It's probably not very good for the device to constantly be on, but it is unnecessary for it to restart every night. The optimisations built into Android 10 are sufficient right now, so I don't think you're sacrificing much by turning it off.

0 Likes
Venom7000
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Yes I feel the same way about all what you said. I mean, given the bad battery life of the s10e Exynos. I get my phone restarted once a week anyways. Because I get caught off guard by the bad power management and my battery dying. :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Venom7000
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Did you turn on any other battery saving options?

• adaptive battery - learns your usage paterns and uses battery saving measures accordingly
  • put unused apps to sleep option?
0 Likes
Alpha07
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Ah well, don't we all hate it when we're watching YouTube and the battery says no...

Venom7000
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Alpha07 wrote:

Ah well, don't we all hate it when we're watching YouTube and the battery says no...

Amen!! :smiling-face:

Also while I have you here. Did you notice that some times the video never goes to HD (1080p) resolution when left at AUTO?

Like in some videos, despite the max resolution being 1080p. It will play the video at 480p for the entirety of the video. Unless you intervene and set it manually to HD? (not all videos but a lot of them do this)

Im talking about the YT app.

0 Likes