Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Note9 gallery optimisation paused

(Topic created on: 14-01-2019 03:03 PM)
Elmo
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

after installing Android Pie update, the gallery app on my Note9 shows a message window when selecting the Pictures tab:

Optimisation paused

Connect to a network to continue optimisiing your images and videos.

At the bottom right, there is a Retry option. I have connected to Wlan, also Sync with Samsung Cloud is enabled, and pictures are actually sync'ed.

Why do I get this message, and how do I resolve this? Actually, what does this optimisation do anyway?

Thanks,

Elmo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Elmo
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have resolved this issue by disabling gallery sync to Samsung cloud, deleting all gallery data from the cloud and then re-enabling sync to cloud. All the pictures I wanted to keep were still on my Note 9 so nothing lost.

Cheers,

Elmar

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
TracyR
Options

Hey @Elmo

Are you on the full version of Android Pie?

Have you submitted your feedback via Samsung Members?

:smiling-face:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
Vatvedt
First Poster
Options
I have S9+ and the same issue after upgrading to Pie.
0 Likes
Elmo
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

what do you mean by "full version" ? I did the update which was offered as a download.

I haven't submitted any feedback via Samsung Members, actually I don't know what that is.

Cheers,

Elmar

0 Likes
Solution
Elmo
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have resolved this issue by disabling gallery sync to Samsung cloud, deleting all gallery data from the cloud and then re-enabling sync to cloud. All the pictures I wanted to keep were still on my Note 9 so nothing lost.

Cheers,

Elmar

0 Likes
Watchdog
Student
Options

I went to the gallery app settings.  Toggled off the sync with Samsung cloud.  Exited the app settings and the message "Connect to a network to continue optimisiing your images and videos", was gone.  I then went back and toggled the sync back on.  No message returned and did not need to delete any data.

Dukesmeister
First Poster
Options
Likewise for my Galaxy Note 9. Turned off the Gallery Sync function. Exited Gallery, then reloaded. Error gone.
0 Likes
rockbastard
First Poster
Options

Thanks, I did the job!

0 Likes