Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Note 9 Dead Spot when using the S-Pen

(Topic created on: 17-09-2018 07:58 PM)
jjwright
First Poster
Options

Had my phone 3 weeks having pre-ordered and traded in my old Google Pixel XL. I have just noticed that when using the S-Pen it doesn't work in a particular spot (left hand side, about 2/3 up). It doesn't work in Notes, when scrolling down websites etc. Found some advice in the Note 8 help:

Head to the Dial Pad and type in *#0*# 

Click on S-Pen

Then use 'SPEN Draw'

Go back

Then use 'SPEN Draw #2

But the S-Pen doesn't work there in that spot either. This is now my only phone so I don't w want to send this back for repair. For the money this cost I want a new replacement. I left Samsung after the whole exploding Note battery problems for Google but came back thinking lessons may have been learnt but it would appear not to be the case. The phone should be perfect for £899.99. 

Example of the deadspot using NotesExample of the deadspot using Notes

Go to solution
25 REPLIES 25
coupondonor
First Poster
Options

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 has had its share of problems and issues  ever since the flagship was launched. The selling point of the phone  – has also been part of the complaints .

0 Likes
Mickno1
First Poster
Options
super I just took off my case that had a magnet in the front cover..... and wow..... dead area gone

Screenshot_20201107-230106_Samsung Notes.jpg

shannonk1221
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue except the line is vertical and a little to the left. No magnetic case. Bought it second hand refurbished without a case. Verizon won't let me call the diagnostic code but it would fail that area no doubt. My ink does similar things, it like a band, perfectly straight line. I almost want to take the back cover off (I won't). The letter E will not work whatsoever. Really bummed, only reason I went for the 9 was the newer pen features. Could've saved at least 100 bucks just getting another 8 and I'd have my pen working too.

0 Likes
Deangunter
Journeyman
Options

That is a defective phone. You need to send it back

0 Likes
Tzizitjesus
First Poster
Options

Thank you. I've had magnetic cases on my 10+ and now on my 23Ultra which had the dead zone. 

I've removed the magnetic case and now no dead zone.  Smile 230412.

0 Likes
Deangunter
Journeyman
Options

Find a golf tool with a ball marker or go to lowes and get a steel washer to fit where the magnet is in the case.  Peel back inside to reveal the magnet.  Replace it.  Works great

0 Likes