Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blocking a spam text message that has an email not phone number

(Topic created on: 15-07-2019 11:03 PM)
gagcas
First Poster
Options

i have a note 9 running android version 9 in the US.  i have started to recieve spam text messages.  they come from a name NOT a phone number so ther is now NO way to block that number because there isnt a number associated with the text.  if i open it up it also at bottom says "converting to multimedia message"  so i assume thats how they are being sent.  no where is there a way to block them.  cant even block the "certain phrases" anymore.  cant add to contacts and then block from tehre becasue again no block option.  anyone have any ideas??  i would assumed samsung would have put something in place to stop these but from what im reading they took features away.  i have attached a pic of issue67179291_443055139625498_6787197321625993216_n.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
PITUFO
First Poster
Options

I got exactly the same:

thumbnail_Screenshot_20190716-092910_Messages.jpg

If you cant see the pic heres the text below

"Hej,

Hi! If you need help with new tires contact [LIink deleted] for free. Check todays deal 9dsd8 "

Yesterday it was from another company. wtf is that?!?!?!?!?!

0 Likes
ZacidrainZ
First Poster
Options

I am also having same problem, but spam email is also making group chat. I am surprised this problem been around for 1 year and have been taken care of.

0 Likes
Bongofernie
Apprentice
Options

Same problem. Hey Samsung how about an answer!