Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Dex not working

(Topic created on: 04-11-2020 10:58 AM)
marc-knuckle
Explorer
Options
Hi all. When i first got my note 20 Ultra, wireless dex worked fine. 

It's been a few weeks now and i thought I'd do something with it again as the big screen tv would have been good to use.

I pulled down the bar, chose the Dex shortcut and waited for it to find my Samsung tv. Nothing. It just keeps searching and not finding it.

Have they disabled the function on these older tvs? As i say, it worked only a month or so ago when i first got the phone.

The tv is the Samsung UE55KS7000U which is from about 2017.

Cheers guys, Marc
8 REPLIES 8
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Are both devices on the same wireless network ?
Nowadays, most routers are dual / tri - band. So , i am thinking, maybe one device is connected to 2.4 Ghz and the other on 5 Ghz.
0 Likes
marc-knuckle
Explorer
Options
hi. the tv and phone are both on the 5ghz connection. however, i believe that even if one was 2.4ghz, they are still both on the same network, my home broadband.
0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
There could be a number of reasons for this not to work... But , if i were in your shoes, i would backup everything on my phone , do a hard reset and try again
marc-knuckle
Explorer
Options
well i just decided to try it with my son's small bedroom tv that is also Samsung. admittedly i think it's a 2018 which is newer than the main tv I'm having issues with, but it works. not great as it says it isn't optimised but it works. so i think they nerfed using an older tv with one of the updates.
0 Likes
Mippe
First Poster
Options

Can't be age-related Works on my Samsung 2014 65 inch Even though i get not optimized for wireless Dex as a comment But work pretty good 

0 Likes
marc-knuckle
Explorer
Options
right. sorted it. i soft reset my phone, no change. then i soft reset the tv and it works.

admittedly at first it still played the audio for what was playing on sky but i think that was due to the receiver but i got that sorted by pressing different audio buttons.
0 Likes
pAEv
Journeyman
Options
I had the same problem and resetting the phones network helped. Plus if you have some vpn running on your phone like ad guard or tracker killer these things may prevent you from connecting.
0 Likes
marc-knuckle
Explorer
Options
cheers but see above, it was something to do with the TV and a soft reset of the TV sorted it
0 Likes