Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Very dim screen on the Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 05-09-2020 02:02 PM)
yama
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

is anyone else experiencing the note 20 ultra to have an extremely dim screen. the brightness of the screen pales in comparison to the Note 10+, whites are a very milky greyish colour.

all settings are the same on both devices. Just trying to work out if this is faulty or if its just how its meant to be?

30 REPLIES 30
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

these dont help. It is the software that is doing the screen dimming

0 Likes
Michiechan
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I experienced the same thing here!! The color in video becomes greyish milky and the white is not brighter at all!! Better to use my old phones Note 10+ than this one... how we can fix this issue?

0 Likes
Drake1
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
As above. everyone that has a issue needs to complain.

I do not feel its down to colour accuracy, my whites are awful. how can app icons be more colour accurate? its not like I'm looking st photos. They have completey changed the way a Samsung screen looks but kept the note 20 with the same look. It has to be software.

Its like the phone is on natural when In vivid. older samsungs are much more pleasing on the eye.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

While default note 20 ultra are already dimmer and washed out and yellowish looking, mine is more yellowish than than other note 20 ultra. I askes for replacement but it ended up arguing with them wasting my time saying that it ia normal

hahahha I am talking about Samsung Singapore with poor customer service. So I cannot do anything now and must learn to live with it the hard way....

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Samsung ha finally admit about this issue. Note 20 has feature where the brightness will auto-adjust to lower nits when the phone gets warmer to prevent overheating. Samsung must think twice about what chip to put into a high spec phone like this. Perhaps snapdragon Note 20 can handle better by not letting the phone gets heated up faster and....not draining battery? Anyone can share on your experience of using the snapdragon Note 20?

0 Likes
Virs
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

where has Samsung admitted this? Any official communication , hoping to use that to return the phone out of the return window. I cant tolerate how this looks compared to my S20..

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Its Unofficial of course. They admitted it only after I demanded them to do the test of this phone instead of requesting me to bring it down to service centre for checking. I told them I wont let my new phone get opened to do some kind of surgeries and testing etc. I even mentioned I would gladly volunteer to do the test by lending me their demo set to be fair and show the result. I guess they had no choice but to admit.

0 Likes
Members_ijP5oSs
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Just bought the snapdragon version from HK as a birthday present to myself. Sadly happens on this too. I cloned everything using smartswitch from my exynos S9 and its immediately noticeable 😞

Few other things I don't like about the phone, but overall she's a keeper :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Members_ijP5oSs
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Immediately noticeable as I have the same identical wallpaper, and app layout on both phones, but shile the s9 is vibrant, the note 20 ultra has a dimness about it, missing the contrast and saturation the s9 has, like a faint faded filter has been applied to it 😞

0 Likes
Members_ijP5oSs
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Found two things that improve it

1. Long press home screen empty space > wall papers > uncheck apply dark mode to wallpaper

2. Turn off dark mode

Comparing my two identical wallpapers on my note 20 ultra and s9, the my note 20 ultra gets even brighter than the s9 and the whites look the same, but the s9 is still a little birlt richer in the saturation and contrast. I like the dark mode so I'll stick with it asI hate the white notification bar etc haha

0 Likes