Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Straight line

(Topic created on: 02-09-2020 10:24 AM)
Edward0149
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hi Everyone. A feature i have lost in notes is when drawing a line notes would straighten it when i lift the pen off the screen. I loved this as when i was to draw a box by hand i would convert each line to a straight one from start of line to finish. I would love to get this back if anyone can help

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TessM
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

You are not being stupid at all! Are you able to see an icon on the drawing toolbar at the bottom that looks like a triangle and circle? If so, turn that on and any freehand shape you draw will be transformed into a straight line shape.

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
TessM
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hey @Edward0149 ,

Using S-Note you can use the select tool to select a line. Select it, then go find the option Transform into and pick REFINED SHAPE and it will turn your jagged, janky line into a perfectly straight one.

0 Likes
Edward0149
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hi TessM

Thank you for your reply.

I must be missing something as i have been looking for this. I am using Samsung notes but i cannot find Refined Shape.  Please forgive me if i am being stupid.

Screenshot_20200902-141044_Samsung Notes.jpg 

0 Likes
Solution
TessM
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

You are not being stupid at all! Are you able to see an icon on the drawing toolbar at the bottom that looks like a triangle and circle? If so, turn that on and any freehand shape you draw will be transformed into a straight line shape.

View solution in context

wqrty
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

just hope that the neat shape feature could retain the thickness, texture and opacity of the pen or highlighter im using. I want to highlight certain words in a straight line but the feature would make my highlight so thin:( 

0 Likes
Edward0149
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hi TessM

I am not seeing this at all. I think i might know what is wrong. I am using Samsung notes and not S note which as far as i can see there is a difference. I have looked for S note but cant see it in play store or in Galaxy Store.

Thanks Again

0 Likes
Members_9AMQzIe
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hi,

I just noticed that if you draw a line, square or circle with the S-Pen in regular drawing mode, when you make your shape, hold the pen on the screen for a second, it will convert it to a perfect shape, works like magic!