Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Standby battery drain when active

(Topic created on: 11/02/21 23:30)
Enzotim
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I've noticed since owning my phone that when I'm walking around in the day, my phone dies quicker than when I have a day where I'm more static. I've tried deleting apps and did a full reset but the problem still existed. I did some research and tried turning off loads of different settings and have 0 activity tracking apps running in the background and the problem still happens. Today I downloaded GSAM and had a look at which wakelocks/ processes were running on phone and when and I notices one called "Cameraservice_worker" had very high background usage. I did some testing and this process seems to only run when I shake my phone with the screen off, e.g. walking with my phone in my pocket. I've have screenshots of GSAM, one showing me testing shaking the phone for a minute (50 seconds active time for Cameraservice_worker), the other showing my day at work where I did lots of walking (35 min active time for Cameraservice_worker) . Has anyone else had this problem? 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Franciemccool
Back for More
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I've noticed this to on my z fold 2 and on my old s10 plus fully charged around 7am around 11am it's down to 70% without using it
Enzotim
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm all out of ideas tbh and it's so noticeable to me now that if I have an active day, I know my phones standby battery usage is higher for no good reason. surely this can be fixed with software
CodyH
Overseer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
think might have to do with map tracking and things like that try turning them off or to only on when using.
and location tracking.
try turning them of and see if that help.

also do you have net wifi and or bluetooth they might also have something to do with it.

Enzotim
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I had thought that too but I've disabled everything to do with location such a location history and all similar things, also I leave location off too. I did try this with flight mode enabled and the exact same thing happens regardless. The act of the phone detecting movement directly causes the process/wakelock to run in the background. it's a strange one tbh. thanks for the suggestions though!
0 Likes
CodyH
Overseer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
only offer things can think of as seems lot people also having it is if.
1, technical fault with phone ifer software or hardware in system.
2, Got something built in phone we the consumer unaware of that coursing it.

Dif try contacting Samsung about it?
would be interested in what they had to say.
Enzotim
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Yeah I completely agree with you on the something built in that the consume is unaware of!

I've sent various messages, just waiting in their replies. Will keep this updated.
0 Likes
jigna27
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I'm seeing this on my S21 Ultra and wondering what it is as well. Always at the very top of the wakelocks list.

Kingshraga
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Same here.. It seemed to be trigerd when the screen is off, in my pocket and when I move around.

We could actulay block this wakelock with amplify or adb

jigna27
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Yea there's a thread on Reddit discussing this as well, but no solution yet. I'd prefer to know what's causing it before disabling the service.