Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specs of dust inside the lenses

(Topic created on: 10-06-2022 05:17 AM)
keaixiaomeinv
First Poster
Options

Ok, so I know this has probably been discussed before. But I have a problem with my Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G, and I have had this issue for quite some time, too.

There's some kind of debris inside the camera housing. I can't tell if it is inside the lens, on the sensor, or somewhere else. The issue exists regardless of lens used, but it's only clearly visible on the telephoto lens. Anyone else has this issue? What should I do? I'd loathe to send my phone in for a repair since I live in mainland China and Samsung ain't exactly big here.

Of course, I also have the same issue like everyone else where the x5 zoom is digital, which happened after some random software update. Has anyone actually contacted Samsung about this? Feels like an easy problem to fix.

photo_2022-06-07_16-21-44.jpg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If the debris is inside the camera housing then there's very little you can do personally.

The phone needs to be assessed via a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre to get this resolved in my opinion @keaixiaomeinv 

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
keaixiaomeinv
First Poster
Options

Yes, you are of course right. I don't know what kind of answer I was hoping for to be honest. 

Do you happen to know anything regarding the awful zoom performance? I've read the other threads about this, and the ridiculous solution that it is related to the amount of light hitting the sensor and the aperture is akin to the idea that the CIA is cahoots with the lizardmen to keep the sheeple believing that the Earth is not flat.

0 Likes
Pierre-Henri
Journeyman
Options

Hello

For the zoom problem, you can install the application Camera Assistant from the Samsung Galaxy Store (unavailable on Google Play Store).

This application offers a lot of settings. One of it is about the automatic choice of lens that you can disable to force the zoom when you are using the x5 magnification.

Please find the setting to untick on my screenshot :

Screenshot_20230727_122425_Camera Assistant.jpg

SIncerely.

0 Likes