Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Sim 1 just stopped working on Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 24-12-2020 08:05 PM)
GraemeD
Navigator
Options

It was working earlier today and suddenly stopped working. Can't call or use data but the card works fine in Sim 2. I've tried cleaning the card etc but nothing seems to work. Haven't dropped the phone and can't think why it suddenly stopped working. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Go to solution
16 REPLIES 16
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
they've checked the imei of sim one and its blacklisted. I always say its worth paying that extra few quid and going to a reputable retailer rather than gumtree or ebay. Police should be involved as this is fraud.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Do you know what @GraemeD I honestly wish I wasn't right on this occasion  😞 ,    and it turned out to be a simple issue that you could resolve.

I'm so sorry that you've been caught up in what's becoming an all too frequent insurance scam.

Technically the phone belongs to the insurance company that's paid out on the insurance policy.

I don't think the police would get involved unless the insurance company took up this as fraud. 

I'm hoping for a fast amicable resolution to this for you.

I'm sat here furious on your behalf! 

I get people upgrade and then sell that upgrade to create some income , that's fine.

But then to not be content with that extra money and then go onto make a false insurance claim to get another phone and then be in pocket with the money, and a new phone and the buyer be out of pocket with an affected phone is terrible.

Karma will come.

Would you let us know how you get on please.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

GraemeD
Navigator
Options

Thanks, I've started a return with Ebay and created a policy breach report after phoning Ebay. I have messaged the seller but received no reply unsurprisingly. They have a 100% positive feedback rating with nearly 100 transactions which is why it felt safe enough. I can ask Ebay to intervene from Jan 1st which I'll obviously be doing. at which point they send me a prepaid return label and once that's actioned i I think I receive a full refund. Not sure how Ebay goes about recouping monies from seller if they have no funds?

GraemeD
Navigator
Options

Thank you BandOfBrothers, I will update as and when I get any resolution to this.  

0 Likes
GraemeD
Navigator
Options

Thought I might as well visit the ActionFraud site and record details...I have a crime number if nothing else and emailed the seller with details for what it's worth. 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Definitely worth anything you can do to record this.

Ebay should put a red flag against the seller if they have done this to protect other buyers @GraemeD 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
GraemeD
Navigator
Options

So phone is currently on it's way back to the seller on Ebay with a refund pending delivery on Wednesday. Ebay has ActionFraud report plus screenshot of IMEI blacklist check. I doubt they'll do anything to bar the seller unfortunately so this phone may well be back up for sale in a few days.