Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 ultra

(Topic created on: 08/08/20 16:19)
PrinceVegeta
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Why does Samsung note 20 ultra have exynos 990 and not the snapdragon when you know the exynos is weaker then the snapdragon by far please answer this question my contract is ending on 21/08/2020 and I'm struggling to come to terms that I might get ripped off by Samsung I've have had two previous Notes the note 4 and my current device the Note 8 but my next phone my not be any Samsung device due to equal phone issue people in America are getting way better Note 20 ultra device then in UK it's just not fair at all so I'm really pushing towards not getting a Samsung device at all so do help me on this topic thank you
13 REPLIES 13
YaseenAk
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Because  samsung saw in Europe they don't care about Exynos or Snapdragon so that's why they decided to gave us this sh*t phone, so I have decided to move to iPhone 

PrinceVegeta
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
next phone i might get is the Nokia 8.3 it has a snapdragon chipset and it's on android
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

@PrinceVegeta 

Have you experienced any issues with your Samsung Note 8 with the Exynos 8895 in it that can be 100% attributed to that chipset ?

I've had zero issues with my Samsung Note 10+ 5G with the Exynos 9825.

I know some have had issues with their Samsung s20 Ultras with the Exynos 990 chipset but there's nothing yet to say the Note 20 will experience the same issues. Both are very different phones.

In regards to why Europe gets the Exynos chipset and others get the Snapdragon chipset the net is littered with why people think Samsung do this along with scores of Exynos Vs Snapdragon links.

One is....

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
Omar777
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
@PrinceVegeta

I have the same dilemma. I've had two Notes; Note 4 and my current Note 8 in the UK.

I need to upgrade this month but will refuse to buy to inferior exynos 990 version. Snapdragon 865+ is better for battery, less lag and far far superior. Just look at benchmark scores, in each snapdragon smashes exynos. Almost 20% better in battery performance, heats up less, less lag, better and extra image processing and newer connectivity standards supported. Bluetooth 5.2 (snapdragon) instead of 5.1 (exynos) and WiFi 6E.

There are too many factors. The same price shouldn't be the same. The exynos version should be at least £200 cheaper.

Also for those who will say,

1. these are not related in real life or

2. Chill out bro or

3. Have you had any issues with exynos blah blah. (Yes, both my Note 4 and Note 8 are exynos but I thought Samsung would get it right this time around but they keep screwing us over)

Note users are power users, we buy this phone for it to be the superphone that it is. We do look at specs and all. Otherwise Note users would buy another phone.

Rant over.

This is my opinion, take it or not. No bad vibes here except for Samsung 😡😡😡

Peace and out
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

@Omar777 

Everyone has a right to their opinion.

I too would like to own a Samsung Note 20 Ultra with a Snapdragon chipset in.

I'm in the Uk.

The only option is to buy a Hong Kong version i.e import one.

Unfortunately that would mean no support or warranty from Samsung Uk.

My personal opinion is that Samsung Uk should allow a person to choose between a Exynos or Snapdragon varient.

That won't happen as far as I'm aware.

Edit > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G ordered today fkr delivery tomorrow as I'm not willing to try and import one and have no warranty support, no Samsung Pay and no possible 5G.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

PrinceVegeta
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I've had so many problems with my note 8 where to start I'll do a top three

1. screen burn when opening an app like say Facebook even when i close the app i can see the burn of Facebook printed on the screen

2. the phone keeps restarting itself even after switching off the auto restart happens 5-6 times a day

3.camra problem on the phone when taking a picture some of the pictures be half cut like say i take a picture of me i can only see half of my face the other half is plane gray

and that just the start i have so many more problems with the note 8 it's unbearable 😫 😩 I've had it on contract it's in mint condition but sad to say the inside processor is weak and there for no matter how much you look after the note from the out it's the system that's on the inside that ruins the whole phone
Prabin94
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I have the Note 20 ultra Exynos variant. My response to it is dont buy it. You will regret it like I have. This is and will be the last Samsung product i buy in general - cant trust them no more. 

Using the SAME Exynos 990 from the S-series but SD 865 gets a "+" upgrade. And same pricing.. No more. I'm done getting robbed by them. iPhone eco-system here I come! 

I recommend, one plus , iPhone coming out in October. Or even google pixel - for price to value, they are significantly better in comparison to Samsung 

I had Note 10+ and that has both better battery and even performance. It never lagged but I have caught my N20 Ultra laggy/get stuck on chrome and on one of the settings part (rare but has happened). I feel like i just had a downgrade. The main thing that I would say that made me angry (salty even), is the battery performance. If the battery held up equal its not that bad. Then i see an iPhone that's super fast, insane battery compared to my note 20 ultra. 

PrinceVegeta
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Samsung has ripped UK customers I've done the research everyone need to watch jerryrigeverything on you tube and you will know how UK consumers are getting ripped off
yama
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I really cant see why this is such an issue, it is what it is..... & surely everyone buying the Note dose it for the S Pen because its the only phone that offers this experience.

Apart from that there really isn't a reason, as there are so many better options for a generic smart camera phone.

0 Likes