Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Care refusal.

(Topic created on: 24-01-2021 06:14 PM)
ASNUPhil
Apprentice
Options
I have had all the Samsung Notes from 2 to the 10, which the screen us damaged.
I have the Samsung Cre and wanted to get it repaired but was told it would take two weeks and like all of us I cannot be without my phone for two weeks. 
I decided to order the Note 20 Ultra 5G 512, but Samsung did not have stock!!
I ordered from Amazon but they did not offer the Samsung Care but another option.
Once I received my phone the first thing I done was contact Samsung, which to 20 mins and ended up speaking to someone in the Philippines who could only read from a script and told me I gave to take out the insurance when I ordered the phone.
Explaining how I ordered it I was told repeatedly it can't be done after purchase. Tried a couple of other times but kept getting through to somewhere outside the UK.
I booked a video call and spoke with a guy in the UK who told me i had 30 days to book the Care Package but through the Samsung Experience Shop, but they were all closed but on the phone.
The guy on the phone in the UK put me through to sales and guess who they put me through to, someone in the Philippines who just kept telling me she gas read all her info and it cannot be done. I gave up.
The only option now is to wipe the phone, send it back to Amazon and order it through Samsung when they have stock or dump Samsung and buy another make as I can't accept being teated like this after nearly 20 years loyalty. 
Terrible service and support.
8 REPLIES 8
telescope
Pioneer
Options
that's Horrible... don't understand why Samsung is not able to offer service for their own product 🙄
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Sometimes retailers and Amazon resellers obtain phones that are known as grey imports @ASNUPhil 

I assume Samsung UK can only apply the Care Package to a phone that has been released for usage in the UK. i.e a phone with a BTU CsC.

I assume you don't have Home Contents insurance to provide cover for your phone. This is my preference.

From samsung.com/uk/offer/samsung-care-plus. 

“ How and where to buy

Getting covered is easy. On Samsung.com, simply subscribe to Samsung Care+ at the same time as your buy your new Galaxy device (you cannot purchase it separately on Samsung.com). Alternatively, if you buy your new device from a Samsung Experience Store, you can buy Samsung Care+ within 30 days of purchase. Find out more detail about each option below. ”

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
ASNUPhil
Apprentice
Options
you obviously have nothing bothered reading my comment.
0 Likes
ASNUPhil
Apprentice
Options
me neither, o am in the UK, the phone arrived the day after I ordered it. Dumb!
0 Likes
ASNUPhil
Apprentice
Options
thanks, yes I have home insurance but I want the Samsung Care Package, its stupid that I paid the same price, its a real Samsung phone, what I their problem?
0 Likes
Regnarts
Pathfinder
Options
Hello ASNUPhil,

I am familiar with buying devices from Samsung Online and I buy all my Samsung phones directly from Samsung Online.

I can confirm what has already been stated by commenters here.

It states on the site that you can only get Samsung Care for a device that you purchase directly from Samsung Online, and you can only get it at the time of purchase as part of your order.

So to explain it as simply as I can;

If you want to get Samsung Care, you must first choose the phone you want to buy.

Then you choose any optional extras offered for the phone (shipping, payment method, etc).
It is at this stage that you choose Samsung Care, and it is added to your phone order.

You then eventually arrive at check-out where finally pay for the complete order.

Once you have paid for the whole thing, the order is considered complete and you can not make any additions to it. So, there is no way to add Samsung Care after you have bought the phone.

If you want Samsung Care, you must cancel the previous order then repeat the order process and ensure you add whatever extras you want.

I hope this helps you understand.

Oh, by the way, being polite does go a long way.

While it is understandable that frustration does occur, it is no excuse for untoward behaviour towards folk here who are actually trying to help, and they are not difficult to spot.

Regards 😀
0 Likes
ASNUPhil
Apprentice
Options
thanks for your reply but frustration leads to being blunt, not rude when you spend HOURS on the phone and cannot go forward, especially when different people within Samsung contradic one another after spend so much time on the phone,
then people make comments without reading your complaint.
so as I believe you have also not read my complaint, I will explain again in a short version.
if you don't buy a Samsung phone from Samsung themselves, I.e Carbonell Warehouse or Amazon, you cannot get Samsung Care, you have to take up their insurance option, so your comments are not relevant because I did not buy it from Amazon as they did not have stock!
thanks for your advice.
0 Likes
Regnarts
Pathfinder
Options
Hello ASNUPhil,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I do empathise with your frustration, but to the best of my knowledge no one on this forum caused the situation you arrived at after buying the phone, therefore........calm down and stand down.!

Yes, I totally agree that your complaint needs to be read before we can comment. So it has to be reasonable to say that It is actually you who needs to read your own complaint.

I quote you as saying in your complaint that;

"The only option now is to wipe the phone, send it back to Amazon and order it through Samsung when they have stock or dump Samsung and buy another make as I can't accept being teated like this after nearly 20 years loyalty."

So if you did not buy the phone from Amazon, why is sending it "back to Amazon" an option for you?

If you would calm down and read your complaint, you will have to agree that the comments from both @BandOfBrothers and myself are indeed very relevant and appropriate.

Interestingly, our comments coincide with, and confirm what you have already concluded by yourself.

Just calm down friend. 😉

Take it or leave it, your choice..!

Regards
0 Likes