Did you mean: 

Original topic:

OneUI 3.0 Update - Dual Sim issues

(Topic created on: 16/01/21 11:44)
TubbyMcPhat
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Ive been using a dual sim variant of S9 and S10+ models with great success last few yeara . I recently upgraded to the Note20 Ultra 5G, which initially was working fine.... until the new upgrade to Android 11 and OneUI3.0. 

I'm having issues with the new UI when want to swap numbers when calling or text ppl.... In the previous UI it was simple to choose as you had a choice of which sim to call/text from on the main screen.. Now you have to go back and change it everytime if you want to swap your choice of Sim to send/call from !! 

Can I change or roll back the UI to a previous version 

Tia 👍
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I think there was a similar thread to yours that has some information in it with regards to dual sim and the sim card manager. Try a forum search perhaps.

More info on xdadevelopers.com 

Disclaimer 》
Using a Custom Rom can bring about an unstable phone or it may not work properly if the process glitches or the wrong Rom is used. It may stop Samsung Pay from working if the procedure trips your Knox Counter.
A person takes full responsibility if they perform this process and do so at their own informed decision. Again the process may trip Knox and may affect the Samsung Warranty. Samsung could levy a charge to put this right or deny support.

You can't roll back using the phone's settings 

You would have to consider a Custom Rom or wait for an update. Perhaps send feedback via the Samsung Members app too @TubbyMcPhat 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

TubbyMcPhat
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
thanks 👍👍👍
0 Likes
Anton28
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Yes I find the new UI update really annoying for a Dual-Sim user.

And it's impossible to make a phone call while using Android Auto!

wcbuerste
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Yes, when using Android Auto because it is waiting for the SIM selection in the background. Bevor the UI 3 update it was at least using the default SIM. 

0 Likes
Members_HNX8UJ0
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Just 'upgraded' to One UI 3. What a joke. Samsung have literally destroyed the dual sim function. I can't tell if I'm using my personal sim for work calls and texts or vice versa. Extremely angry. Not just disappointed but actually furious. I bought this handset (s10 plus)  for its dual sim function and pay for a 2nd contract so I can separate personal life from business and Samsung have fully ruined it. Has anyone figured a way to roll back to Android 10?  I've avoided Apple for so long and for the first time ever I feel like I might have to consider it. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

@Members_HNX8UJ0 

In regards to rolling back please take a look at sammobile.com and xdadevelopers.com 

Disclaimer 》
Using a Custom Rom / trying to use other methods to rollback firmware can bring about an unstable phone or it may not work properly if the process glitches or the wrong Rom is used. It may stop Samsung Pay from working if the procedure trips your Knox Counter.A person takes full responsibility if they perform this process and do so at their own informed decision. Again the process may trip Knox and may affect the Samsung Warranty. Samsung could levy a charge to put this right or deny support.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
Harry_D
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I am having the same problem with my A70. When is a fix expected?

0 Likes