Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One UI 3.0

(Topic created on: 23-12-2020 04:47 PM)
Joshhaynesgfx
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
So I received the One ui 3.0 update on my note 20 ultra yesterday? I'm reading that it still only for the S20 and other people I know that have the note 20 ultra don't have the update is it just luck?😂
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

You're very welcome @Arober 

Samsung UK have released it and thus owners are receiving the final version.

The update is sent out region dependent,  phone eligibility and phone serial number.

It's typically sent out on waves i believe to stop Samsung servers from being crippled.

Be patient.   :smiling-face:

Current Phone >Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone > Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860.

0 Likes
Arober
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Thank you so much for your knowledge and kind words 🙏. Have the best Christmas 🎄 you can. Thank you!
Zip13
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Definitely for unlocked, as I have it but locked or unlocked carrier phones may need carrier versions which they control the roll out of.
0 Likes
Zip13
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Samsung have released for unlocked n20u in UK as I have it. I wasn't on beta and checked the phone software update not through this app. Hope that helps.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

And a Merry Crimbo to you too @Arober 

Arober
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Thank you for your reply. How long ago did you receive the update? Are you based in England 🇬🇧? Many thanks.
0 Likes
Naveedlone
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
your not missing much. one UI 3.0 is the biggest pile of ***** ever released by Samsung. I've had it for 3 weeks on my s20+ and gestures are so unstable it's a joke. and my phone now keeps over heating. can't believe they released this as a final release. I wouldn't update until they have applied a patch that hopefully fixes these issues. God knows when that is going to be
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Which source did you download the final version from @Naveedlone  ?

Is this on a N20 Ultra ?

Sometimes after a major update if the phone is misbehaving it's suggested to…

Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. 

And or back up and factory reset after removing any relevant sd card.

Apologies if you've tried this already.

Joshhaynesgfx
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I don't think so because mine is locked to EE
Naveedlone
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
s20 plus. I've tried those button combinations never got them to actually work. it was updated by oth official update. I would have thought if cache was an issue Samsung would clear this as part of the update process.
0 Likes