Original topic:

Note 20 whatsapp call issue

(Topic created on: 16-09-2020 07:46 PM)
Zarmeena2200
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Hello everyone
I got the note 20 on 20th August and have been noticing issue with WhatsApp calls, 
The other parties have been complaining of hearing my muffled sounds and i have been experiencing same issue as well.

Kindly advise on if other people are also experiencing this, 
Really distressed because of this 
Shouldn't be a problem right out of the box with a flagship phone. 
34 REPLIES 34
Zarmeena2200
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Can we bring this to Samsungs attention
shihab910
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Facing same problem in whatsapp and messenger call. Too much Background noise being picked up by my speaker of Note 20 Ultra which is bothering the person at the other end. Downloaded latest security patch, did several restarts and also a regular reset. No change. Things seem fine while talking via phone and Bluetooth headsets, but really bad in speaker. So disappointed. Please pick this issue Samsung and provide an immediate fix for this.

PeachyGemma
Student
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I got my note20 ultra on the 21st August and when I have been trying to make audio or video calls via third party apps such as WhatsApp, Facebook or duo I have been unable to hear the person I am trying to speak to, they could however hear me absolutely fine. I have since done a soft reset on my device and it is working perfectly again. I really hope Samsung will issue a permanent fix to the issue as its really ridiculous that for a modern phone with such a huge price tag that you aren't able to do the basics using third party communication apps. 

Gem ??
Mrproblems
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

When ever I use this note 20 ultra, on WhatsApp video calls and use YouTube the person on the WhatsApp video call just ends  up with a high pitch noise fade in and out and I'm only asking for a bit of WhatsApp and YouTube my moto done it with ease 

Raimondo4
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

UNBELIVABLE TO SPEND 1500$ and have problems with call. ME TOO

CT45
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hi all, I have sent the phone to the Samsung service centre, they said there is no hardware issue so the problem is not theirs and they suggested that I contact Whatsapp/Viber etc instead. In the end, they suggested to re-run the software and return the phone to me. It has improved slightly now but I still get those noises occasionally. 

0 Likes
Farhanul
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I have been facing a "low hum" whenever I speak with certain people whether it be WhatsApp or fb messenger. Mine I got from Hong Kong couple of weeks back. The calls via the sim card seem fine. But speaking on messenger with a friend seem to cause humming, i.e., I can hear an "envelope" of the caller's voice along with the actual voice. I tried my S8+ but never had any issues. I tried Bluetooth and wired headphones with the Note 20 Ultra and no problem at all. Its when I switch to a messenger call and I call certain people, I hear the weird hum like envelope along with the voice from the other side. Getting pretty annoying now. 

CT45
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Guys I have bad news, the disturbing android noises and background noises are back for revenge in the Whatsapp Video Call. It was good initially for a while after they did a hard reset and re-run the software update, now the noises are back again. It was so bad that the recipient on the other side of the call asked to end the call.

Vicco27
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I'm having the same issue. not fixed yet

0 Likes
Members_H318CY7
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

The same issue. 

The other person whom i talk to on WhatsApp call experience many issues.