Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra screen sensitivty issue when charging

(Topic created on: 12-11-2020 06:54 AM)
GavPro
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

So my Note 20 Ultra has been having screen sensitivty issue when I charge it over cable. Like the sensitivty of it just drops in general which makes it impossible to play games while charging or even type to send messages. I know using the settings to increase screen sensitivity is one way but it just seems odd that this happens. Is it a software issue or hardware. I've been having this since day one. P.s the screen sensitivty drops so much that I can't like tap buttons in games unless I spam press the button. That's how bad it is.

10 REPLIES 10
Valgore
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I looked online and others have had this issue as well. some people have said that it could be a current problem so if you can ,try a different charging cable or plug and see if that solves your issue,if it does then you need a new charger, if not then I would get hold of Samsung to see what they say.
0 Likes
Valgore
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Try different wall sockets too just to see if it's only that wall socket.
0 Likes
GavPro
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I've tried 2 different chargers with 2 different cables. Both resulted in the same issue. I'm also noticing a weird thing where if my phone is plugged in, scrolling horizontally while the phone is in vertical mode cause the screen to freak out a bit. Like if I'm going through instagram stories, and i hold a story halfway, it starts to jitter a bit. This is the same for even the home screen or any other app. I think it's a hardware issue. I'll go to samsung to see what they can do about this.

Valgore
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Yeah I definitely would mate. doesn't sound normal at all and something that I don't encounter. Hopefully Samsung will sort it all for you bud or give you a swap. good luck 👍🏻
0 Likes
CY0701
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I also having this issue and write to their facebook. The team called me yesterday and explained to me it is because the CPU will running low when charging. It is to protect the battery but I dont think this is a valid reason. I asked him is all the note 20 ultra has this issue, he said yes and told me "You know right, can't use phone when it is charging"... what a good reason...

0 Likes
Stefan-Dus
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I have this issue as well with the note20ultra. Over sensitivity only when charging. I wonder if it could be connected to the screen protector? The spend works fine by the way, it's only when using fingers.

Gruß,
Stefan
--
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, Galaxy Watch 46mm, Buds v1 + v2
0 Likes
Members_xyo7uqy
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

It seems Samsung doesn't care, this is a serious issue specially fir gaming , the stupid 120 hz fresh rate get rediculase when it use battery more with HD+ , so why you made a 120 hz screen when it's not usable while charging ? Sorry my bad you want that 1400 $ !!!

Stefan-Dus
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

It seems this issue is also occurring on the S20 FE.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-serie/galaxy-s20-fe-touchscreen-problem/td-p/2160107

Gruß,
Stefan
--
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, Galaxy Watch 46mm, Buds v1 + v2
0 Likes
Afrooman
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I am having the same problem,brought my note20 ultra to the Samsung center but they only can "calibrate" the screen for now,which kinda stupid.An expensive premium phone having this issue is funny,felt like using a cheap phone during charging or when the phone have warm tempeture.It was super annoying caused by a very simple issue,FIXED THIS A.S.A.P SAMSUNG!!!