Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 20 ultra pokemon go frame rate issue

(Topic created on: 24-08-2020 06:49 AM)
Charlescpark
First Poster
Options

My girlfriend and I got the note 20 ultra and while playing pokemon go my phone doesn't have to smoothness frame rate that a 120hz phone should have. My girlfriends phone is playing pokemon go just fine. Looks clean and crisp. 

I've tried resetting...reinstalling...turn off and on...turn on by clearing cache...everything

Sometimes my phone will run pokemon go super buttery smooth but 99% of the time its back to the choppy way it played on my previous older phone. 

What's the deal?

Yes I've put it on adaptive. 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Kawaiichic
Explorer
Options
are you playing on game launcher and bare in mind that the note 20 is a new phone which means some apps haven't updated to the new hardware in the device
0 Likes
Charlescpark
First Poster
Options

That doesn't mean anything when my gf phone is working great and mine is not. 

0 Likes
stylon
Journeyman
Options

How are you even playing Pokemon Go on the Note 20 Ultra? It doesn't appear to work and freezes after a few seconds of play. Same thing whether you use the version from the Google store or the Samsung one. ☹️

0 Likes
Charlescpark
First Poster
Options

Maybe you have a defective one too. Samsung is trying to tell me i gotta buy a whole new phone for retail so that I can return my old messed up phone and then demand them to refund me a portion for my trade in. The Samsung store in my state told me their system is not the same as their online and can't help me either. So bs samsung you are a multi billion dollar corporation. Figure this ***** out.

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Download the newest update from the Galaxy Store! 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Charlescpark
First Poster
Options

It is updated 

0 Likes
Charlescpark
First Poster
Options

Still not fixed. Got a new note 20 and still the same. Trash

0 Likes
Chrism661
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. Please let me know if you resolve this issue. Thanks.

0 Likes
smbilalzaidi
First Poster
Options

This is a known issue on many devices since last August I think and Niantic has pretty much ignored it. 

There is a workaround (it isn't a fix, and it isn't perfect, but it works):

Step 1- Hide the navigation buttons in Display options. You can either switch to gestures or just hide the three buttons and swipe up to use each.

Step 2- Lanch the game. It will still be choppy.

Step 3- Switch to another app (don't exit the game) and then switch back into Pokemon GO.

Enjoy the smooth experience. If you go into AR/AR+, app switching will no longer solve the problem. You will have to exit the game and repeat Steps 2 and 3.

0 Likes