Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra locking itself randomly, even while in use

(Topic created on: 21/01/21 10:16)
elroid
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

My Galaxy Note 20 Ultra has started locking itself at random moments, even when I'm actively using the phone. This happens several times per day. I've plugged it into ADB and what i'm seeing in the logs is an instance of action:knox.container.proxy.EVENT_LOCK_TIMEOUT - but I can find no information on this issue anywhere on the web. Has anybody else noticed random lock-outs?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Not on mine @elroid 

Does this happen in Safe Mode  ?

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
elroid
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I don't know because I can do so little in safe mode that I've not managed to use it long enough for it to happen.
0 Likes
elroid
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Ok I've established that it's related to the work profile I have set up on my device. I turned off "Use one lock", deactivated the work profile and now the problems have mostly gone away. But as soon as I turn the work profile on again, the random locks happen repeatedly, sometimes multiple times in a 2-minute period. When turned off, I only had one instance of the problem. According to Logcat it seems again to be knox-related:

KNOXCORE::KnoxKeyguardUpdateMonitor: onTrustManagedChanged user 0, managed:false

0 Likes
Community
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hey guys, I wanted to quickly hop on here and let you know I had the same issue but I fixed mine. What I'm going to say might fix your issue as well probably. It has to do with the Bixby routines. If you go in and switch off the Bixby routine and also take the Bixby routine off The Trusted list on your settings. You should fix the Locking issue. Let me know how this works out.

0 Likes