Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Exynos Version

(Topic created on: 01-10-2020 06:47 PM)
Burgess84
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Is anyone else's Exynos version seriously overheating when the camera is being used? I'm on my second Note now and STILL having the issue 
9 REPLIES 9
TRY2HELP
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
my one is UK version with Exynos, when I use the camera it seem to be fine, no heated at all
dembow
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I imagine this is normal behavior. I noticed this happening on my device after a longer use of the camera in apps, but nothing too extreme that would cause concern and the phone continues working just fine. The heat seems to be in the area of the camera module at the top of the device. I wonder does this affect the performance of your phone since you say you're already on your second Note 20 Ultra?
Burgess84
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
It didn't affect the performance of my first Note, that just became so hot I couldn't touch it which I thought was strange as never had issues with my note 9 or note 10 plus. The performance of my latest note has slowed down a bit after getting pretty warm, I just wanted to see if it was just me or if anyone else had this issue, as I've never had this happen before
0 Likes
Meh90
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
my heats up during gaming after some time but never at all for the camera even after long use. it strange people are getting different results.
Burgess84
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Its very strange, and when I say my first one overheated it was that hot I couldn't hold it
Manlikejay78
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
This seems to be a common problem with the Exynos versions. I've got a S20+ Exynos, & I noticed the overheating straight away. Now cause I've got a case on the phone I don't feel the heat as much but it's still evident.
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

YEs it gets heated up faster with the app open and use under the sun. Once it heats up the software will do auto adjustment of screen brightness by lowering it down until it cools down. And there is nothing you can do to adjust the screen brightness as long as the phone is still hot. This means whatever i do on the phone while im outside has to stop because it is hard to see whats on the screen under the sun! Such an expensive phone expects its user to wait until the phone cools down then can go on with the work! What a terrible experience!

Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Try to switch off the adaptive battery toggle under app power management. I suspect this causes the battery drain in note 20 ultra. After switching it off seems there is  a little improvement. I dont really trust the software capability in learning the users phone usage pattern. 

0 Likes
Burgess84
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
My adaptive battery toggle has always been off
0 Likes