Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

note 20 ultra battery issues

(Topic created on: 14/10/20 23:29)
dojodanfrost
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Having terrible battery drain when the phone is not even in use and no background apps. My note 10 plus never had this issue. Last night I went to bed with 26 percent at 10 pm and at 6am this morning the phone was dead 

523 REPLIES 523
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

this is happening with my note 10 plus, been going on since I got the phone I dont understand how a phone that is so expensive cant even have a strong battery life

0 Likes
fface
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

My note 20 ultra 5g will be picked up next week.

This whole experience was frustrating and ridiculous.

Since I always have been an android fan, I believe its time to give its competitors a chance.

0 Likes
kradcliffe
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Interesting that I got rid of the Note 20 Ultra and it's terrible battery life and got a Note 10 Plus 5g instead. It's been perfect out of the box, no tweaking required.

roryh86
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I'm not sure if "interesting" is the right word.

0 Likes
fface
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Agree on that. 

Samsung probably keeps their battery innovations  hidden, until they lose a big percentage of costumers, or until the competitors outrun them.

0 Likes
kradcliffe
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

The problem with the Note 20 ultra isn't the battery, it's a combination of display and the Exynos 990 processor. 

I'm disappointed Samsung haven't made a statement given the high level of returns, but then they've never admitted mistakes in the past either. 

Frederickdawg
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Thank Google and its lax battery and spy management of apps on their OS's. Using leaching apps like Snapchat Facebook Instagram with all the location and tracking enabled it don't matter what you have it'll drain the battery. 

0 Likes
minipaolo
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Same issue here.

Exynos N20 Ultra 5G with severe battery drains.
First time in years that I struggle to get through the whole day with my smartphone usage.

Never had this issue with previous Samsung devices.
As I can't return it (bought in a physical shop with no return options), I will definitely get rid of it and change brand.

Peekabuubuu
Observer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

The battery life on the Note 20 Ultra is horrible.  I just upgraded from the S20 Ultra and that battery lasted twice as long!

0 Likes
MJHSTEYN
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Not the worst phone, but not worthy of the 'Note' label anymore.  What's the point of having 8K, super fast CPU and 120hz refresh rate if you need to turn it down or turn it off to make the battery last 8 hours.  I pay a stupidly high premium price for features and tech I can't use because the battery life does not allow it.  Yes, click optimize and, yes, switch on super power saving mode to turn off the features, apps and speeds I've paid for. 

I need a high performance Note "business phone" to last throughout "business hours" to make A LOT of calls, send emails, take photos of products, editing training videos on the fly, multi-task all of it, update calendars, sync everything and navigate to meetings now and then.  Some features requires me to switch off power saving mode to function...come on.

Leave the UHD gaming & super cute selfie camera features for the S-series.  These system features eat battery resources in the background, don't tell me they don't, and just elevates the price.  It's not a confused teenager's phone, sitting at home all day playing Xbox games, picking their noses who has all the time in the world to charge their phones three times a day.  Samsung, you've lost focus and crammed nonsense into a phone out of pure competitive desperation, missing the point of the "Note". 

If you decide to post a reply to resolve this complaint, do not dare proposing power saving modes or disabling the premium features we've paid for. 

0 Likes
Note20ultr
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Before you buy have  a think my new phone i can't even watch 2 off-line movies I guess 4 to 5 hours not enough battery what we paying 

0 Likes
Artindoril
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Give it time and make sure you have the October update. So far at 3hr 11 sot and 4.5 hours youtube music. Probably could have got another hour or two out of what's left. That's on a day 0, O2 Exynos phone. 

Screenshot_20201103-221822_Device care.jpg

Artindoril
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

To update on this, things are even better on the Jan 2021 release. 10% lower battery, but this time 14h of YouTube music and nearly 4h screen on time. Seems like this is the version of the software the device should have launched with. Just make sure you turn off 5G unless you live in a 5G area. Seems to be a real battery hog otherwise.

Screenshot_20210115-215722_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Bills234
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Is this the ctl5 or cua2 update?

0 Likes
TokyoKazama
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
just got the phone today and I've just been playing with settings, nothing intensive and I already have to charge it after a few hours because its dropped about about 30%
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

@TokyoKazama 

If you go into device care and then battery it'll show you the phone will be in it's learning phase because it's new, and the battery is new and not fully optimised yet,  and adapting to your usage habits.

Once it's out of that learning phase which you'll know because it'll stop saying so in the battery section then see how you go.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.0/ Android 11.

0 Likes
Bills234
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Battery does get better over time. Just be patient. Don't expect it to be better than s20U which has 500mah more - be realistic. Battery will get you a full day's use, however give it time to optimise. At some points you will see it draining more than normal - don't worry about it. There's times when the phone takes a while to drop a few percentages. Not the best battery life out there but decent enough to enjoy the phone for a working day. 

sarague004
Back for More
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Same here with the same problem.  My S9 Plus was much better than this Note 20 Ultra.  What a waste of money!   Seriously thinking in changing the brand for my next purchase.   No more Samsung, no more trouble with batteries.   I have also an Asus, maybe not as sophisticated ad Samsung, but behaves much more better  and battery is reliable.

Sorry Samsung, your battery is just *****.

0 Likes
Tahafs
Observer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Same problem here. Buying note 20 ultra is big and costly mistake that we did. Still my a30 is better than note 20 ultra.

0 Likes
Ramasas
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Can you tell me what that MDE service is?  It dries the battery hard.

Screenshot_20201212-225428_Device care.jpg

0 Likes