Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

note 20 ultra battery issues

(Topic created on: 01/09/20 15:25)
dojodanfrost
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Having terrible battery drain when the phone is not even in use and no background apps. My note 10 plus never had this issue. Last night I went to bed with 26 percent at 10 pm and at 6am this morning the phone was dead 

527 REPLIES 527
Libroid
Overseer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I had battery issue only first day of purchase. That was because I turned off Bixby routines. After turning it back on, it seems the battery life stabilized.
I have only 3% battery drain overnight (8 hrs of sleep) now.
I am using Exynos version of N20U and keeping motion smoothness to 60% helped as well. I also turned on Adaptive Power Saving. It makes massive difference.
0 Likes
Artindoril
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Things seem to have massively improved since changing a couple of settings, letting optimisation complete and putting a 4 or 5 full cycles on the battery. I'm currently sat at 30% with 4hrs 57min SoT and 35 min listening to YouTube music with the screen off. Recon I'll be on for around 8hrs SoT at this rate. Might put another cycle or two before I switch to running between 40 and 80% most of the time. The settings I've changed is disabling 5G (as I don't live in a 5G area), turning off adaptive brightness, and ensuring adaptive power optimisation is off. Things are a lot better now, and if Samsung are right then should see further improvements in the next 7 days.

0 Likes
kradcliffe
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I'm convinced it's the display that is eating power. It's being reported on SD and Exynos so not an issue with the processor persay. I have the phone set up to my needs and there's very little background power drain. I can leave apps live in the background playing music for example and very little drain. As soon as the screen goes on (even at moderately low brightness) you can see the battery percentage going down. For example I had 20 minutes browsing then went for a walk at lunchtime and within less than an hour it had dropped 10%.

I'm sure it's an optimization thing with the screen somewhere, probably this adaptive display rate needs fine tuned.

0 Likes
dosunsheng
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

noticed drain battery faster when using for bluetooth earphone music listening. My old note 9 only used 10 to 20% while the note 20 ultra used 30 to 40% after 7 to 8 hrs of use.

0 Likes
GingerRenegade
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

So Its been about a week since I last wrote here. The battery is still rough. But It doesn't seem to change much if I game heavy or not. It seems to decrease at a steady rate regardless of how fast or slow that is. The other day I played Citra 3DS emulator for 7 to 8 hours before i had to plug in and thats with using a Bluetooth ipega controller.

However I do highly recommend putting a lot of apps to sleep or deep sleep in settings under battery and app power management. It detects some on its own over time when using "device care". But if there's some apps you use once in a blue moon but want to Uninstall then put it to sleep so its not running in the background like push notification comes through. 

If its something you use frequently like Facebook or Instagram then I wouldn't put them to sleep. But say like the Walmart, gamestop, bestbuy, or any other app I myself put to sleep when not in use.

I found adaptive power save which I think I'm gonna tinker with and see how that plays out. Maximum performance I notice changes the resolution to WQHD+ by default which kills the 120hz so I typically stay on optimized which is fine. 

awsfarhan
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Very very shameful  time for samsung  in 1300$ they sell a S H I T

0 Likes
Anasali
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

After 2 weeks of using my note 20 ultra. I'm suffering with the bad battery life and heating issues even with the basic usage such us browsing or using a camera for photos or chatting using an applications such as messenger or wahtsapp. My note's version is the exynos one. I was using the note 10 plus the exynos version and it was more than perfect, I updated it to the 20 ultra that has a better camera and better screen but I wasn't expecting the bad battery life and the heating issues. Will that problems can be fixed with upcoming upgrade or should I sell it and go back to the note 10 plus?

Sam1234582629
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
is it the top half of your screen that gets warm?
0 Likes
Anasali
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Exactly, it's the upper half of the body.

JimGeek
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
bizarrly my Note Ultra went from 90% to zero in about 1 hour and shut down and would not restart until I had charged it . seems OK now but that is what I would call bad battery life all I was doing was taking photos
0 Likes