Did you mean: 

Original topic:

note 20 ultra battery issues

(Topic created on: 24-08-2020 11:37 AM)
dojodanfrost
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Having terrible battery drain when the phone is not even in use and no background apps. My note 10 plus never had this issue. Last night I went to bed with 26 percent at 10 pm and at 6am this morning the phone was dead 

527 REPLIES 527
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hey @StargazerUK 

I'm no gamer in any sense.

I use my phone to check out Social Media,  peruse forums :winking-face: , a spot of surfing, YouTube and listen to spotify while commuting to and from work. 

I only really take photographs when around family.

My N10+ 5G would get me through x2 days easily but I always turn my phone Off overnight and charge.

One tip I picked up a while ago due to excessive battery consumption due to Google Play Services was to disable all I could that was connected to Google and even Google Chrome and use Samsung Internet instead.

So in conclusion as long as the phone gets me through a day then I'm ok with that.

If it does not then I'll send the phone back within my 28 day cooling off period.

I  recieve the phone tomorrow so after moving my content onto it I'll keep an eye on it once I've tweaked my preference settings on it and disabled what I don't want and discharged and charged it up a few times.

I'll update on the forum how I find it.

Just to add some owners of the SnapDragon Note 20 Ultra are experiencing some drain too so I'm not convinced this is solely affecting the Exynos 990 version.

Current Phone >Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone > Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860.

0 Likes
Jp46
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
might be a faulty device, contact samsung
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

It is quite strange to hear a snapdragon perform bad on battery, guess that you either got a lemon or there are some serious software problems,if they are not fixed in time consider returning your phone to maybe repurchase it when it is all solves.

Don't know what to say actually I have a 9820 s10 plus and i am at 86 per cent after 1 hrs a 44 of sot can't really figure that out

0 Likes
Tracy2fast4u08
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

First off, I had no clue I posted in the wrong regional samsung community 😅.

Unfortunately, I am part of the next program so I had to turn in my last phone so I am unable to swap around my sim card for testing. From what I can tell, my texting and calls work well. It just seems to be a data issue. Apps do not want to load at all or very slow to load. Sometimes if I foreclose them and then reboot them, it will work temporarily.

As for the battery, all of my friends who upgraded with me all have the snapdragon and experiencing a poor battery as well. Everything I'm running on this phone is exactly what I was running on my Note 10+. I did a complete mirror transfer so even my settings are exactly the same. I remember having a similar issue with my note 10+ at the beginning but maybe not as bad as this. It randomly seemed to clear itself up after time/updates.

My biggest concern is the data issue though. I plan to call AT&T tomorrow and see if they can help troubleshoot it with me.

0 Likes
Tracy2fast4u08
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

This would be the case except like I said, I put everything to sleep and close out apps frequently. I'm using all the same apps and settings I did while on my Note 10+. I didn't have a battery draining issue on that phone 🤷‍♀️

0 Likes
JCSelby
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
look at this! here you can see both my 20 ultra 5G and 10+5G.... from today, my older phone was used more because I didn't want my new one to die ...*how ridiculous is that😂* anyway you can see just how bad the battery Performance actually is..... *ill let you decide which picture is which device*
0 Likes
ads46
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Still having the same problems? Any improvement?

I too am finding the battery life to be quite poor and had similar experiences to what you mentioned. 

Its noticeably worse than my note 10 plus was 😕

0 Likes
yummyflo
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
galaxy note 20 ultra (exynos) battery is not performing well at all
i am going back to my note 9
rattie34
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I've had two devices since the 19/8 both similar issues
0 Likes
JasonYork
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
eh. Samsung. I'm not impressed. got the ultra Note 20. the battery is terrible. not expecting miracles but. 35% used in 3 hours doing nothing. You can have this back.