Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 20 ultra - Auto focus issue - anyone else?

(Topic created on: 03/11/20 03:47)
KaranMalhotra
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Check these images, since I have the phone, i have been testing the camera and its very clear that there is still an issue with focus !

Any one else who has observed this similar issue?

As you can see in my images, these were short on normal 3:4 ratio and in very good natural light.

26 REPLIES 26
Adrianus1590
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hi, i have the same issue with the focus in the note20 Ultra, it is a complete disaster. It is not possible to get a picture with all the frame in focus, usually it makes focus in the center of the image and in the borders loose the focus

lev
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Same here! Can't take a sharp image of any document. Test it yourself: take any letter and try to take photo. Center is in focus but edges gets: soft, glowing, blurred and defocused. Feels like software post process 'magic' that make edges to be soft. Shame on Samsung!!! Stop it, just give us back nice sharp original image. We do not need filter beautifying effects!!! Note 8 images much much more superior!! Embarrassing.
Mortal
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I report the same problem, also think that this is some kind of filter on it. I take a lot of document pictures a this is no good for me. I need sharp image in whole document. I still did not sold my note 9, maybe i will come back to it.

Edit: It is not a software problem. It is an camera problem, when i take a picture with my scanning software which is a third party software it also has blurry edges. 

HarrisBabu
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Same here. I can not scan receipts on  Quickbooks app anymore, cant send e-faxes, can't take pictures of my documents in my important docs app, that was working fine on s8+ and on my old iphoneX. Samsung rolls out these expensive products without testing them thoroughly. My last Samsung Note was catching fire due to it's battery issues and this one has major focus issues. A cheap $300 phone takes better pictures than this. The worst part is Samsung is not even acknowledging it.

Ardeshir2907
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I have the same problems

Touch focus not working correctly most of the time

Focus on Close subjects is not accurate 

I can not take clear shot specifically about documents mostly

the texts are not clear and can see a narrow shadow surrounding the text

Ardeshir2907
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Exactly right

Photos taken of Document are not clear and sharp

lev
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
So you can't take pictures with wide lens. It is because depth of field is very short and lens has a lot distortion when it focus close.
But we have a perfect zoom lens x5. That take good documents images.
The problem is software!!!! You zoom in x5 but software decided which lens to use. Zoom or wide with x5 digital. You have no control over it. If light is low or camera facing down ( to take documents picture) software switches to wide lens and result horrible!
SAMSUNG - GIVE US OPTION TO CHOOSE WHAT LENS TO USE!! I do not care if images are noisy or dark. I want to choose lens!!! Why Samsung controls how I take pictures!!! In pro mode you can only use one wide lens!!
Clicking x5 DOES NOT choose the lens.