Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Problems with note 20 ultra

(Topic created on: 24-09-2020 04:47 AM)
Members_zbp0WPm
First Poster
Options

Hello, recently since the new update of the software of my samsung note 20 ultra. I been having some network connection issues for example I loose the signal in my house and it shows the not signal symbol. Also my phone kind of lags by just surfing through facebook and that. I don't know if the new software is the problem or the hardware.

Thank you for your time

55 REPLIES 55
NigelLim
Student
Options

I also from SG, having this issue that I have to drop from 5g to LTE. and by doing it do not solve the problem completely

sometimes also encounter data connection lost or drop signal from H+ to H

this is the worst signal I get after so many yrs of using Samsung phone from S model to Note and now instead of improvement become performance downgrade. 

shnockdu
Student
Options

Starhub?

shnockdu
Student
Options

Same. I am on Starhub. Been wrestling with their customer service who's been mumbling with no solutions.

N3WJ3RZD3V1L
First Poster
Options

Also experiencing the same issue for months now. US T-Mobile on unlocked non-carrier variant. Seems to be related to 5G network option. If I switch to any of the non 5G network modes the issue instantly goes away. Oddly enough on any other phone on the same network there are no 5G issues at all and signal strength is great. This even seems to effect my wifi even though it has a strong signal. Once I switch to anything other than 5G network choice wifi works as normal. If I choose 5G network option signal fluctuates from 3 to 1 bar constantly and though wifi shows full signal data seems almost non respondent. The even stranger thing is this happens regardless on the 5G option even if I'm not connected to a 5G network! 

croki95
First Poster
Options

Same in Croatia, Zagreb. I have difficulties like this since I updated to Android 11. Constantly losing signal strength and 5G really slow. Switching to 4G/3G/2G solves problem partially cause from time to time loses network. Carrier is T-com. SAMSUNG please solve this fast.

RickGM16
Explorer
Options

Happens to me even selecting 2g only.  I'm really p*ssed off with Samsung over this.  Spoke to tech support and nothing they suggested has solved the issue.  The final straw is a factory reset but that apparently only works in some cases (the guy admitted that they've had many complaints).  For me the networl loss is completely random and is only solved by selecting Flight mode and then turning off. It lasts for a few minutes or hours before reverting to no netework. It's a phone - but randomly can't receive or make calls WTF !

RickGM16
Explorer
Options

I have the issue for all options including 2g only !

RickGM16
Explorer
Options

Worked for 20 mins then network lost ! Samsung needs to sort this.

Godzuna
First Poster
Options
Have similar issues with network not going to 4G after a phone call, stats stuck on EE, only thing that brings back my Internet or network is a restart which is an nuisance as sometimes happens when am driving and phone is connected to the car via Android Auto... Not sure if there is a fix but am considering sending the phone to repair. Measures I took :
Factory reset and cleared the cashe, replaced the sim card, had the simcard operator to reset my sim. Phone is 2 months old and am starting to miss my note 9...
RickGM16
Explorer
Options
Same symptoms with mine. Sent for repair (shouldn't be necessary on a 4/5 week old phone) and 10 days later it's how it should be.