Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

N20 Ultra Screen protector recommendation?

(Topic created on: 27-08-2020 06:45 PM)
EllyH
Pioneer
Options
Hi, can anyone advise on best screen protector to get? I ordered one before the phone arrived but on opening it, found it's one where you need to apply the glue yourself and then use a uv light to secure it. Not what I thought I was getting! I normally use the typical tempered glass, peel and stick screen protectors. Really not keen on applying glue to the N20 Ultra phone screen to attach a screen protector. Everything else out there seems to be tpu film, which I've found to be quite rubbish in the past. Can anyone advise?
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@EllyH: Sadly we don't currently have a Note 20 Ultra Screen Protector in stock in our website, and I can't recommend any third party options. Although I appreciate that it isn't what you're after, please check out our available range of cases and covers, to see if there's anything that catches your eye.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/all-mobile-accessories/?smartphones

0 Likes
lindon
Explorer
Options
elly, can I ask how your finding the Note 20? battery usage, camera, ram etc. hearing mixed reviews and just wondering if you'd give me your opinion before I buy one. thanks
0 Likes
EllyH
Pioneer
Options
Hi, I've answered this question on your post thread. Also, if you click on my profile, I've addressed the circulating issues a few times, based on my experience, I obviously can't speak for everyone but you can pretty much see my journey so far with this phone.

In short, bit of a dodgy start with battery drain and heating but all this seemed to improve after the first couple of full charge and discharge cycles. I haven't had to mess with any settings to help with this. The phone seems to have a battery optimisation/settling in period... understandable, there's lot of phone for your money! It is still early days yet but so far, so good. Lovely phone, decent camera, feels good, runs incredibly smoothly, looks beautiful, S Pen features are fab. It's the S Pen and practical functionality for multi tasking that sells it for me.

There's a lot of people on here, really unhappy about the different chips being used here in the UK and some other countries (understandably, everyone should be given the same and there wouldn't be half the complaints and negativity there is) but from what I've seen, it doesnt seem to make that much difference at all, give or take an hour or so of battery life and less heating up during intensive use, such as gaming. I don't game on my phone so can't really comment on that.

It's really up to you and how you plan to use it. Remember, when you buy through a network retailer or through Samsung, there's usually a cooling off period (check with whoever you purchase from) in which to try it and return it if not happy with your purchase, which I find really reassuring.

I do think Samsung need to take note of the complaints circulating though. For many loyal customers, it seems like a bit of a slap in the face finding out that some countries are treated differently to others. It would really save a lot of issues. Also, I do feel some software tweaks may help with camera focusing, heating and battery optimisation issues (I don't have any issues with this at all, right now). As everyone should be able to have the same quality experience from the offset. So I hope they really take action here... If they want to keep their custom and reputation, I'm sure they will.

As I said, its still early days, but so far, I really like it and I love how it looks. It's a great phone, the S Pen feature makes it head and shoulders above the rest. Integrates really well with Office and documents etc. The S Pen really does not lag at all. I have an ipad Pro and the Note 20 Ultra puts it to shame when it comes to lag. Samsung definitely nailed it here.

So that's my view. As I said, feel free to see my other comments on the matter or come back to me with any other questions you have. Hope this helps.
0 Likes