Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Make display mode option in the notifcation button menu

(Topic created on: 25/08/20 11:29)
GavPro
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

120Hz on the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is great. However I feel like Samsung should make a feature where we can select different display modes quickly in the notification menu. This is because when we watch videos on apps like youtube, videos are all locked at 60fps. So it'd be great if we get the option to quickly swipe down the notification panel and select QHD+ 60Hz when we want to watch youtube or other video apps to get the best resolution when watching videos. After that, we can then select FHD+, adaptive motion again once we're done watching youtube. Just a suggestion as I feel like having to change both the resolution and refresh rate  in the settings every time we want to watch youtube is quite tedious.

Screenshot_20200825-172640_One UI Home.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
yummyflo
Overseer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
hi there
you can do that with bixby routine
0 Likes
GavPro
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

While Bixby Routines does exist, I found that I was only able to change the resolution of the screen alone to QHD+ when opening youtube. However once thw app is closed, it only changes the resolution back to FHD+ and not the refresh rate.There is no action in Bixby Routines to change refresh rate at all as well. So even if i set a routine to open another app to change the resolution back to FHD+, I wouldn't be able to change the refresh rate to adaptive motion smoothness along with it. I feel that Bixby Routines would potentially be a better solution if it supported more settings like refresh rate as well as actions when an app is closed.

0 Likes
MrinmoyS20Plus
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
you can change both resolution and refresh rate with Bixby routine. see the attached image.
GavPro
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Oh nice. Previously, Bixby Routines didn't support changing the refresh rate of the display. There must had been a new update since my last reply to this post.

0 Likes