Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Irritating notification: "Whatsapp is using mobile data"

(Topic created on: 11-01-2021 10:31 AM)
Jazi_tricks
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

There is no way I can see to stop this repeated absolutely senseless notification on my phone. 

I KNOW what it means - the app somehow cant use the Wifi so it is using mobile data. 

I know how to stop an app from using notifications. Alas, this one uses "system" as notification source. 

The only way to stop this notification is to silence all notifications, I think. Or maybe (I am not sure) stopping all system notifications. 

PS. Phone is Note 10+ misclicked the board. But I guess its the same problem on all devices anyway

This is ridiculous. Why doesn't Samsung allow this notification to be turned off?

5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Maker ★
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
It's nothing to do with Samsung, it's how the app is compiled. You need to contact WhatsApp
0 Likes
Jazi_tricks
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Nope. The notification comes from the OS. the notification source is "System" and not WhatsApp. 

I have full control on WhatsApp Notifications. But you cannot turn off system notifications. 

Per various earlier threads in other forums, it seems (per memory) to be happening only on Samsung phones. 

Thanks

Jazi_tricks
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

This link suggests how to solve the wifi issue. But no solution there for the notification harassment. 

I will try it though. 

0 Likes
Jazi_tricks
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

The link above (change IP to static is not working either. 

0 Likes
allymonty
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

So annoying! I've had this notification since day one on my Z Fold 2, never had this issue with any other phone. Anyone from Samsung able to chip in and suggest a solution?