Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Icon sizes in folders

(Topic created on: 21-12-2020 09:01 PM)
GameBooth
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Hey folks, just updated my N20U5G UI3 which is all well and good but now my app icons are larger with less on one page when in folders. I can't figure out how to change the sizes in folders. I've tried changing the app screen grid size but that didn't alter the folder settings.
Help?
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Maybe look at Goodlock and it's modules or a launcher such as Nova Prime as one example if you can't use the phone's settings @GameBooth to achieve what your wanting to do.

us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/Android-11-issue-with-Folders is a similar thread.

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

GameBooth
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
the thing is, it was fine *before* the update installed about 2 hours ago.. I just don't get why the scaling was changed without a setting to alter it.. I'm only whinging coz it's going to affect my muscle memory for a while to get to a couple of apps.
I had Nova for a while but some of that just didn't really fit with me
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I wasn't part of the Beta Testing programme so I'm not sure if this was introduced at some stage awaiting for the Beta Testers to report back on it or Samsung introduced it when they made Android 11 and Samsung One Ui 3.0 the finished version.

Totally understand and appreciate there will be aspects that some like and some don't @GameBooth 

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

0 Likes
Pgpmas
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
if you go to the main menu, search for font size and type, you can adjust the font size to suit , default is quite small
0 Likes
Spen
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Hi, yh the app screen grid is not there anymore with the new updated 11, the only way to get that 'app screen grid' is only if you change the home screen layout to home and apps screens, which is rubbish layout ***** they have to fkcuk it up so brainless *****, with every update they ain't fixing it messing it up.
davehorne
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

There was a mention here of the Nova launcher, so I'll mention the one I use and like, Microsoft launcher.

I have a lot of control over the size of the icons and the number of columns and rows. 

It only took me a day or two to learn all the possibilities of the launcher.

Oh, and it's free.  Just passin' this on.

0 Likes
iskillz
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
As mentioned in this thread earlier, the Good Lock app from Samsung fixes this problem. ive just managed to resolve it myself using the Home Up option in Good Lock.
GameBooth
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I've just gone back to Nova Launcher since I posted this