Did you mean: 

Original topic:

How's people finding the android 11 3.0

(Topic created on: 22-12-2020 03:09 PM)
Julie84
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
How everyone finding the update? Do u find that you're battery is better or worse? What settings have u done to preserve battery? I've put 31 apps in sleep mode and not too run in background but still find Facebook runs in background? Attached screenshot 

8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Are you able to out Facebook in deep sleep?  @Julie84 to see if that helps.

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

0 Likes
Julie84
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
if done that before but it still runs in the background which I don't understand why it would its like it doesn't put it to sleep
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Sleeping apps and deep sleep apps are affected differently @Julie84 

When your finished with Facebook then try closing the app down in your multi tasking.

That and or disable the Facebook App and use Facebook Lite or access Facebook via your url browser however some functionality will be lost.

0 Likes
Julie84
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
yeah I'll try the deep sleep too see if helps
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Ok and remember to close the app in your multi tasking too  :winking-face: @Julie84 

0 Likes
Julie84
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
yeah I'm constantly doing that lol
0 Likes
Jamie9986
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Facebook break every single privacy law going you can set not to automatically update the app and it still will, also uses the mic to listen and cookies to show items of interest on the timeline news feed even if you go into settings on the app turn all this off it would still inform you they might still do it, my advice remove the app log on via chrome browser problem solved that is what I've done the app will go to factory settings can't delete completely so go on the app and chose force stop, battery last good from update charges faster too only issues I have is screen flickering on IG especially some YouTube videos too
Julie84
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
hey Jamie yeah iv noticed that it runs when it's not mentioned to and as u say u get adds tailored to what you have been looking at online etc. my battery still not great so far says iv had 2hrs 57 mins and I'm at 45percent so don't think I'll get even 5 hours out this