Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Fingerprint scanner Problems post updating to UI 3.0

(Topic created on: 22/12/20 06:31)
Dman1111
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Anyone having issues with their fingerprint scanner post update? I can't explain it, when I first updated to UI 3.0 the other day my fingerprint scanner worked better than ever. Now all of a sudden today it like it can't read my fingerprints at all. Keeps telling me to press harder and doesn't register very quickly. Worked great for the first day after install of the new OS.

5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Have you tried deleting the fingerprints and re setting them back up @Dman1111 

I haven't updated to Android 11 and Samsung One Ui 3.0 yet so can't check.

However Go into Settings . Biometrics and Security.  Biometrics Preferences . Turn Off Screen Transition Effect.

Then go into Settings and search for Optomise Battery Usage. Tap in Optimise  Battey Usage  tap to show All and scroll down to com.samsung.android.biom and toggle Off

For me this improved the fps on my Note.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

NsProd
Legend
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hi, you could try resetting the biometry app.

This had worked out back when I had my S10.

Give it a try, doesn't cost anything. 🤪

Settings》Apps》Filters》show system applications》com.samsung.android.biometrics.app.setting》Storage 》Clear Data

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᑎᔕᑭᖇOᗪ

Hat dir mein Beitrag gefallen oder dein Problem gelöst? Ich wäre froh über ein Like oder Markierung als Lösung des entsprechenden Beitrags.

0 Likes
unsfalcon
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I have such issue, fingerprint works much worth than in one ui 2.5. Accuracy is bad now, i ve done full wipe, registred fingers again, it didnt help

0 Likes
RichG
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
yep not working at all!!
0 Likes
WeiHan
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

i have same problem after update to ONEUI3. now the FP not usable at all.. try to reset everything still the same. Problem is my unit is HK ver, and i am and Malaysia, Samsung service center Malaysia not entertain oversea phone even i want to pay for repair the phone, which i find it absurd. like the phone will become junk if anything happen outside the country you bought from.

0 Likes