Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Dim Colourless Screen

(Topic created on: 29-12-2020 12:39 PM)
AMRKHN
Pioneer
Options
So after 2 days of a conversation with the Samsung Twitter Team they finally admit this is a software problem.

The only way right now to make my note 20 ultra look vibrant and bright, is to make the brightness 100%. My previous phone s8+ display compared to the note 20 ultra looks miles better! 

I have no idea how long it will take samsung to develop an update which will fix this display issue as it took them almost 1 year to pull out the 3.0 UI update. 

I purchased this phone at start of November and paid a ton load for it and I'm very very disappointed. 
57 REPLIES 57
Diorty8
Explorer
Options
give this a try go to the picture. and then bring up the recent apps menu. the colour profile changes to the right colours. if only we could keep it at that colour profile lol
0 Likes
Diorty8
Explorer
Options
these settings have helped quite a bit but the green tint is still there a bit.
0 Likes
AMRKHN
Pioneer
Options
I'm very confused. I think it's all a major glitch that needs sorting out. you have 28 days to return phone or wait for a miracle. I will stick to my phone until I get a chance to visit a Samsung shop. Thinking about this any longer will make my head explode. please keep me updated on what you will do.
0 Likes
Diorty8
Explorer
Options
yeah I know how u feel. I'll most likely wait for lockdown to be over and then head to samsung store and see what they can do to help. maybe even look at the samples in store. I love this phone this much I just want the screen to be fixed rather than have to give it back. thanks for your help too tho. any updates I'll let you know.
SirStottalot
Pathfinder
Options
I usually have to have brightness full wack on my Samsung phones but with my note 20 I only have it just above 40 as 100% is too bright

Screenshot_20201230-045755_Samsung Members.jpg

0 Likes
AMRKHN
Pioneer
Options
which version of the note 20 do you have? snap or exonos?
0 Likes
SirStottalot
Pathfinder
Options
Well I'm in UK and samsung always seem to palm UK versions of phones with crapier side of things.
Exynos 990
0 Likes
AMRKHN
Pioneer
Options
this is making me think I may have a faulty phone but I'm 50 50 as I seen many ultra with same issue so I'm very confused. are you sure the whites on your phone do not look like yellows and grays.
0 Likes
AMRKHN
Pioneer
Options
wow 410 people viewed my post look like a lot of people are Interested and possibly have the same problem. How do I know someone from Samsung has seen this post?

Edit: All other posts just about have over 50 views this means tons of people have the same problem as us.
0 Likes
SirStottalot
Pathfinder
Options
definitely mate not yellows and greys mate. just white. on previous Samsung phones I used to have more of a pink dinge when brightness was all the way up.
0 Likes