Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Bixby Routines - power saving options?

(Topic created on: 06/09/20 15:11)
dorito
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I am trying to increase the battery life of my Note 20 Ultra. Having the Exynos model, means I'm usually in single figure battery life around 7pm - pretty pathetic for having spent £1200 on it!
I use it from 6am to about 11pm daily.
I have just discovered Bixby Routines and have created routines to run on each even hour (6am, 8am, 10am, etc.) to put the battery into Medium Power mode.
However I can't find any routine option that will put it back to Optimised Power mode. (Which I want to run on each odd hour.)
What's the point of allowing Power mode changes in Bixby routines, if not all power mode options are available?
Surely Samsung should allow the routines to save battery and increase power as we require. It cant be that hard to add a call to the Optimise Power Mode as well?
Having routines that can switch my power modes hourly will help increase the phone's battery life for the day and I might be able to make it to 11pm before my battery anxiety kicks in.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Josear
Observer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I think the routines drain the battery more since they run in the background, I only have the adaptive battery active
0 Likes
dorito
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
Phones have many services & apps that run in the background anyway. Since my routines are only checking for a time period and not, say, if there's a good enough WiFi/Mobile signal strength around every minute, they won't take up much processing/battery.
It's more the annoyance of not being able to customise my Bixby routines properly because not all phone options/modes are available in the routines editor.
I'll have to look into something like Tasker, to see if that will do what I need, but I'd rather have the phone's own apps/services do this as they will be better integrated into the phone system than a third-party app.
0 Likes
M17tty
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

https://youtu.be/dKxlfgCT3YE

might be worth a look at this. I’ve done this and I’ve had my phone with me, connected to a watch and I’m on day 2 and at 34% battery at 2pm. Power consumption is much better.

0 Likes
M17tty
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Make sure adaptive battery is off first though.