Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Awful screen colour on note 20 ultra 5g

(Topic created on: 19-08-2020 11:34 PM)
Potwu71
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

Any idea why the screen is so colourless and bland on this phone. Is there a screen protector that needs to be removed out of the box?

My s8+ screen color is way better than this. 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

In some regions the phone does come with a plastic screen protector however I'm not convinced that would cause this type of issue 

Perhaps have a play with the display settings such as the vivid more and the colour settings.

As a last resort go see a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre or have the phone swapped out @Potwu71 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Muneeb3
Journeyman
Options
I have noticed the same issue. My note 10 plus has a better screen!
0 Likes
kradcliffe
Voyager
Options

Exactly the same here. My Note 8 display is brighter and more colourful. The Note 20 looks "washed out"

Some reviews said the Note 20 display can reach nearly 700 nits but there's no way this handset is even close to that.

Hopefully they can fix this with a FW update or it's yet another returned handset.

0 Likes
Drake1
Pioneer
Options
Did any one find a solution. I actually sent my 512gb black note 20 ultra back for a replacement. Same issue!
Really lacking pop and vibrancy.
Makes the phone quiet unenjoyable to use tbh
0 Likes
kradcliffe
Voyager
Options

No solution, it's just the way the display is. I have requested a return as well, not just the underwhelming display but the poor battery life and call dropping issues too.

Samsung don't appear to listen to anyone so I wouldn't hold your breath for a fix. Things like this should easily be picked up in testing.

0 Likes
Drake1
Pioneer
Options
Just been having a look again. and when I open WhatsApp. its almost like the colours are more vivid and then drop down, litterslly only for a split second.

Was just using the note and thinking its not too bad, looked back at my S20 and realised how bad it is..

I really need the pen, but can't handle this screen. Its like a reminder every thirty seconds you are not happy with the thing
0 Likes
Drake1
Pioneer
Options
For example, S20 left, Note20 right. Both ultras.

You can slightly see the colour vivadness/washed out on the right.
Also do not be fooled by the fact the notes 20 WhatsApp text looks sharper, in real life it does not.

It really is the contrast and fullness of the colours. like a slight transparency has been overlayed but like a percent or two.
0 Likes
Amazonce
First Poster
Options

Some one find any solution for this problem? I have S 20 U 5g?

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

many said it's because the color in note 20 ultra are more accurate and true to life but looking at it does not happen to be the case. it's like theres a green/yellow filter on the entire screen like filter set to 2%. tried to ask for replacement but they wont because they said it ia normal... ended up arguing and stressing myself to nothing.

0 Likes