Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Activate multiple eSIMS

(Topic created on: 28-07-2021 10:25 AM)
luuk777w
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

I have been using an eSIM and a SIM together for a while now. This morning I received a message from my provider where I currently have a physical SIM that I can switch to eSIM. So, that's what I did, but after removing my physical SIM I noticed that I cannot activate two eSIMS at the time.

Why is this? What is the point of the eSIM if you can't even activate multiple eSIMS simultaneously? Or do I have something not configured right?

I am using the Note 20 Ultra.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
You need to ask your carrier. It may have been a mass mailing and they didn't take into account those with active esims but they are the only ones that can confirm that.

You can only have one esim active at the same time AFAIK.

As for what is the point of the esim, you already know as you have one.
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I was always under the assumption that if a device supports a esim its only 1 'e'number... not multiple. For example when I used my LTE smart watch... the set up only showed one profile available for a esim... not 2, 3 or more.

Personally, I prefer the old fashioned dual sim card systems... flexibility etc.
0 Likes
luuk777w
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Well, I don't see the point if you can only have one eSIM. If you could have at least two eSIMs active simultaneously it would make sense because manufacturers could eventually remove the SIM tray. 

But with the limitation that you can only have one eSIM you still need the SIM tray, and you still need to transfer that one physical SIM to another phone.

Only allowing one eSIM active at the time feels like a half baked implementation to me.

Of course, not everyone has multiple SIMs, but for someone like me who lives in two countries it is a must have.

Killen
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Having only 1 esim active is definitely half baked implementation. One other thing that I don’t like with esims is that you can’t migrate the esim when you change phone.

0 Likes