Did you mean: 

Original topic:

5g not working

(Topic created on: 11-03-2021 07:23 PM)
CBnote20
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I have recently imported the hong kong note 20 ultra 5g variant as the uk only sells exynos to get the better chip set. The phone does support 5g n78 band but for some reason it only shows 4g+ even if I'm in a strong 5g area. My phone plan is 5g as well. Also i have checked in the settings to make sure my network is on 5g/4g/3g/2g auto.

6 REPLIES 6
stoli
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I checked my area for 5G areas and I'm just on the border of 4 and 5G is this the truth? mmmm
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Hi @CBnote20 

I  also imported my N20 Ultra 5G Snapdragon to the UK too from Hong Kong.

The WondaMobile site that sold me the phone did say in regards to 5G to check with the phone's bands and frequencies to that of the chosen Network to see if it's compatible.

But some on xda-developers.com/f/samsung-galaxy-note-20-ultra-questions-answers said they managed to get 5G working by inserting the sim card in Sim Slot 2.

And some changed the csc but be careful when contemplating that route.

Unfortunately importing a phone can lead to some niggles i.e Samsung Pay may not work too.

In my opinion as 5G really only allows for faster downloads of large files and not essentially improves surfing speeds I'm OK with 4G  / 4G +

And my o2 network does not supply 5G to Pay As You Go Customers, yet and Unfortunately for the other Network I use i.e Vodafone UK they don't offer 5G to my area yet.

Also Samsung won't provide support for a phone that's been imported which also includes Manufacturing Warranty.

Side Note  …  after using the N20 Ultra 5G Exynos in the UK I sent it back and imported the Snapdragon version and find this soc offers better optimisation.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

Temur
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I have N9860 in uk and 5G works perfectly im using Virginmedia sim only.
Virgin1
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series
I am using EE and 5g works a treat with my Note 20 Ultra which I bought in the UK from Samsung online store
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

And so it should @Virgin1  :winking-face:

The original poster is talking about a N20 Ultra 5G Snapdragon version that has been imported from Hong Kong.

With these 5G can be a hit and miss affair.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

Force Balance
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note20 Series

Here's the solution:
https://youtu.be/wJzHwbWqnbg

0 Likes