Support

Open search

What is Samsung doing!?

Highlighted
Overseer
Since the S20 series and the Note 20 series have come out, Samsung seems to be heading back to the way they started out, dashing in all the useless, gimmicky features and not actually considering the essentials. I'm considering switching to iOS. What do you think?
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Smooth Operator
@ads46 I hate to say it but my brother use to always say big specs and fancy numbers mean nothing that iphone utilise everything better and the more I think now since I've the s10 and seen the s20 then the note 20 he is right 😏 my camera if you go into my posts is horrendous, all the reviews have to be fake because I know if I tested these phones I wouldn't have told anyone the camera was good, if I take a photo on a really sunny day which is rare in Ireland they are good but If I even attempt to take a video and zoom its awful and then when I send it to someone they always say how bad it is, I got the s10 for the reviews of how good they were from techradar It was always my go to site and now I see it nothing more then pure bs, my next phone will be iPhone and even we are getting a new tv im going to go back to LG, samsung customer service is useless too which was another big reason, they cant even comment under these posts to help people and when you contact them they say there is a future software update that doesn't fix a thing, it just gets people stuck in contract or not able to send things back
Highlighted

You know...the irony is, I used to have iPhone mainly before I started switching and I always used to say the same thing, I made the mistake of falling for it though and went against my own advice. I even told myself the note 10 plus was my last samsung and I was swapping to iPhone and at the last minute I've "upgraded" to this. Because I'm obsessed with having the best tech and the specs hook you in and the varying rumours on the iPhone made it seem disappointing but like you say the numbers don't really matter in the real world. I'm just disappointed I didn't follow my own advice.

I think I'm finally starting to realise and value the ease of use over what eppears to be the better product. 

I wish I hadn't bothered upgrading to this and was just more patient to wait for the iPhone. But in a way I think this upgrade has made me realise what I want. 

I just hope its not too hard to return...the samsing website tells you wrong info on how to return it. 

Highlighted
Back for More
I came from the iPhone 11 pro max and apple watch 4
got the note 20 ultra and galaxy watch 3 and both suck compare to the iPhone and watch
biggest gripe is battery and heat issues and iPhone is just smoother even without that 120hz display
Highlighted

Regretting the move then? I'm considering the opposite move and going back to iPhone. I think I'm going to return this. Having similar problems to you and even compared to my note 10 plus I've upgraded from. 

I think I will return it and hang on for iPhone 

Highlighted

Apparently there is a bug with the camera software that is causing it to use digital zoom rather than optical which results in the lousy photos when we use zoom.

Totally agree with you about the reviews... people are gushing about this phone left, right and centre - I haven't seen a single review mention this issue. You telling me they didn't notice the ***** 5x zoom shots - or do reviewers get specially patched phones or something?

See here:  https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-note20-note20-ultra-5g/5x-zoom-photos-are-very-poor-what-...

This does at least give me hope that it will be patched soon.

Highlighted
Overseer
To be honest though, Samsung does have a lot of features most other phones dont have. But if they are gonna show them off, at least perfect your features such as the iris scanner, which was quite useless, unlike Apple's Face ID which actually works well
Highlighted
Overseer
@BandofBrothers. Everyone can agree on the fact that Samsung does pack in more features and is more customisable than Apple by far. But Samsung never perfects their software or features. That's why a lot of people choose Apple, because Apple perfects their products to the highest possible standards. I'm personally considering buying an iPhone 11 Pro or an upcoming iPhone. Who thinks I should switch?
Top Liked Authors