Support

Open search

Random clicking/vibration

Highlighted
Apprentice
Hi guys.

Loving the note 20 ultra so far. 2 questions though.

1) I'm getting a random, not too common, tapping type of vibration sometimes. It's happened while only on home screen and also when i had the edge panel out. I made sure i wasn't touching the screen and also that my case wasn't touching anything. Hasn't happened much though, just annoying.

2) the camera can be confusing as to what to use when. 4:3, 16:9, 108mp. Is there a guide somewhere? All i find is YouTube tutorials for what the settings do but not a guide for what and when is best and for what reasons.

Cheers, Marc
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Explorer
hi do you have vibrate when the edge panel is opened if so turn that off because its happened to me and has stopped for now
Highlighted
Apprentice
i turned that off but it's happened since. any thoughts on question 2?
Highlighted
Overseer
yep i do get them ... very subtle but noticeable
Highlighted
Back for More
for the vibrations you could install nice catch from Samsung
Highlighted
done that. it doesn't 'catch' them. they aren't classed as vibrations. they feel more like knocks or taps.

anyone help anymore? why aren't Samsung commenting?

anyone help with question 2?
Highlighted

Hi @marc-knuckle ,

1 ) That's an odd one! I can raise it our end, and see what I can find out. Does it happen for you (and others who are experiencing it) when the device is in Safe Mode too? (How to start my Galaxy device in Safe mode.)

2 )  We've got some very basic smartphone photography guides on the Community here: Smartphone photography. But I reckon  @Libb  may be your man for some more advanced smartphone photography advice. He's got some guides here for example:  Mobile photo: # 1 Sharpness and Mobile photo: #2 Exposure.

Highlighted
Apprentice
it would be hard to test safe mode as i can't replicate it on demand so it could be hours before it doing it again.

great if you could raise it please.

how would i get in touch with @Libb to see if they have a tutorial of some sort?
Highlighted

@marc-knuckle , No worries.

I've tagged Libb in this thread (so, in theory, he should get a notification that it's here), but if you want to get in direct touch with him, his Community profile is here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/753349 (Unsure if you're accessing Community via the Members app or web browser, but the web version has a 'Send a Message' feature on user profiles for sending PM's.)

Highlighted
Apprentice
just doing the clicking/knocking again. it started when i pulled down the notification bar twice to get to the shortcuts. must have clicked 10 times across about 30 seconds even still doing it when i started writing this. no notifications in the bar so nothing to do with anything like that.
Top Liked Authors