Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp calls declined automatically after one ring

(Topic created on: 29-02-2020 01:29 PM)
Surendhar
Journeyman
Options

Whenever receiving a WhatsApp call, the call declines automatically after one ring. This is happening across many samsung models after the latest update. I noticed this issue in Note 10 plus and Galaxy a50s

26 REPLIES 26
Discussion
First Poster
Options

Me too facing after lastest updates of samsung.

I'm using S22+

0 Likes
Emmajjcares
First Poster
Options
Is there a solution to this issue yet? Please help share resolution.
0 Likes
Jayfarray
First Poster
Options

Check true caller, on the lower right corner, click on blocking... Uncheck block hidden numbers...and try receiving calls on WhatsApp again.

0 Likes
cbtrusted
Student
Options

It's 05-20-2023

**Any solution to this issue yet?**

I read the entire thread, don't have any of the apps or similar mentioned.

I have the same issue on an S22+

0 Likes
Tony6718
First Poster
Options

This is happening to me in the last few days.  My call is declined, but the recipient can still receive my texts and send theirs to me; but the recipient says my number is not blocked.  I cannot see the recipient's photo.  What is the issue?

0 Likes
Tony6718
First Poster
Options

The problem is at the other end, which is a recent Samsumg released phone.  As mentioned the recipient can send and receive texts but cannot receive my Whatsapp calls.  

0 Likes
samtholiya
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I found the issue. This is issue is something that Samsung most of the time forgets to fix. The issue is the inbuilt phone app. It has a strange bug that can cause this issue. Solution: Use a third-party dialler app to fix this. Make sure you set that dialler as the default for everything related to call. I used Truecaller.
Software analysis:
I found that the inbuilt phone app is the one that actually handles WhatsApp call logs. Now this is counter intuitive but if you are an android developer, you can pretty much verify this. So, all the issues on WhatsApp call are due to this inbuilt buggy phone app. Why does it not happen on all models? well this seems to be some kind of native code that Samsung has to manage but they forget to. Unfortunately, they also don't seem to have any test case around it to avoid such kind of bugs. This bug is even present on my Samsung s23 plus and this post was back in 2020 so 3 years of 0 backtracking to avoid such bugs to appear. Also, I do not find any samsung employee acknowledging this issue. Why? because it would put the name of the Samsung in shame. I would say just fix the issue. I do not like to use a third-party caller app.

0 Likes