Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Audio interface not Working

(Topic created on: 04-06-2020 03:43 AM)
Gustvamen
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone,
First of all, thank you for reading my report and for trying to help me.
I have a USB audio interface (Behringer U-PHORIA UMC404HD / UMC404).
To make higher quality audio recordings or transmissions, I tried to connect the referred audio interface via USB using the OTG adapter that came with my Galaxy Note 10+.
When connecting, initially everything seemed to work fine. Even the USB power supply for the audio interface worked!
But when I made the first recording, the audio sounded like Darth Vader's voice. And that was the first disappointment. I also tested the reproduction of the recorded material on other devices to ensure that the problem was not with the output. The problem was really in the capture.
Then I tried to hear some other audio through the interface, and to my surprise, it was weird, high-pitched and flawed.

In summary, when connecting my audio interface via USB to my Galaxy Note 10+, neither capture nor playback worked properly.
Has anyone ever experienced this?

I know that there is a possibility to transmit the audio via 3.5mm jack. But then I would lose the output features of the audio interface.

I appreciate any guidance that can assist me.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
mcurrale
Apprentice
Options
Having similar issue with my Samsung S10+.

Hoping for some sort of solution down the track, but I have heard of the same sort of issue occurring on the S20 series, so not holding out to much hope.

I have also tried plugging in my Ambeo headset using an Anker lightning to USB-c adaptor and have found that the input is at the lowest possible (16 bit, 44100) rather than it defaulting to the highest as it does on other Android phones, primarily Motorola, Google and LG which I've also tested, (24 bit, 48000).

There is some sort of conflict going on where the Samsung phones seem to only utilize the lowest possible input, but thankfully, there are recording apps which will bi-pass this, such as Amazing MP3 Recorder and Open Camera.

Cheers and let's hope there's a permanent solution sometime down the track.
mcurrale
Apprentice
Options

Also, wondering which app you're trying to record with?

0 Likes
Gustvamen
Journeyman
Options

I'm trying to broadcast or record with specific applications (Instagram, Whatsapp etc.) or even with the standard camera application.

0 Likes
Kimbass
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my galaxy note 10 with iRig Pro I/O. 
Recorded sound is distorted and the phone seemed like not suporting external audio interface. 
I've checked with older devices like galaxy s8 but it worked very well. 

ernesto_chile
Apprentice
Options

Same horrible news for me. 

Got the Note 10 plus and it does not recognize my berhinger U-Phoria UM2 but it does recognize My Scarlett Focusrite interface.

I tested the UM2 with a note 8 and a note 9 and it works perfectly and inmediately with the native recorder.

I really cannot believe this. I hope Samsung can fix it. Unfortunately it is more likely that this is maybe not an important matter for them.

P.S: There is another post about this and it seems ti be better answered.

Gustvamen
Journeyman
Options
Good news!
The last Samsung's update repair the output, and now it works perfectly.

Bad news!
But the input don't work yet! 😔
It records with the Darth Vader's voice. 😡

I keep using the DAC Behringer Uphoria UMC404HD.

let's keep waiting for a fix.
0 Likes
Madhav22
Student
Options

It recognises but records Darth Vader's voice or is it working fine?

I have an s20+ and scareltt 2i2 3rd gen but, no luck a screeching sound is recorded everytime.

0 Likes
Gustvamen
Journeyman
Options

It recognises but records Darth Vader's voice.

0 Likes
sancho1234
First Poster
Options

I have similar problem with Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.4 and a Zoom U-44 professional audio interface. 

I was able to bridge the problem with a special sound player software and another sound recording software. Although the software is paid, you have 15 minutes to get your money back if it doesn't work.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudiorecorderpro

0 Likes