Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI 3 introduced problems (rant)

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 04:47 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I was very happy with my Note 10+, before this update. The only thing I disliked was the CONSTANT update notifications. I finally caved, and updated. Now, the Overview Screen has become USELESS! I can no longer swipe smoothly between apps, the action is jagged and frustrating. Every movement I had worked in as muscle memory now results in skipping a single app in either direction, instead of skipping one, two or three apps depending on swipe length. It seems like the swipe speed required to swipe more than one app is WAAAAAY too high. I can do it but just barely. If I swipe at full speed from outside the screen protector and to the other side I can get it to scroll through several apps. Otherwise it's like it's LOCKED to scrolling one at a time, even when I use full-length swipe but a little too slow it STILL only bounces to the next one. Swipe length should determine how many apps it skipped, just like before the update.

And why REDUCE the amount of icons in the quick panel???? I have a HUGE screen, the icon grid could easily be TEN icons wide. But now it performs this braindead maneuver where it shows six icons wide for the compact view, then TRANSFORMS TO FOUR WIDE when I open it further, what the hell is this? This means I can't arrange the icons the way I want, and I have to actively look for the ones I need every time. I just want a nice 6x6 grid in the expanded view...Or 10 in compact, 10x6 expanded. Why does the clock and date have to take up SO much space in the quick panel??? 

Why is there no way to adjust the settings of all of this? 

And why is there no way to roll back to previous version? Why am I "forced" to update to each one, with no option to hide update notifications? My phone was PERFECT before the last update, now it's just a frustrating mess... Why is there no simple option to change the feel of the things you change in an update? It should be simple to give access to the parameters that have changed to ***** up the scrolling action in the Overview Screen... I don't have access to the Good Lock modules in my region and the Task Changer isn't updated to Android 11 anyways...

And don't get me started on the gimping of the night camera, I can't take pictures of the moon anymore 😞

But on a bright note, the fingerprint scanner is super nice now. That's literally the only good thing about this update, but I would rather have to take the time to draw blood and wait for my phone to analyze it if it means that the rest of the *****ty update could be rolled back...

5 REPLIES 5
DMCS
Student
Options
Also kills access to external devices and micro SD cards.
0 Likes
DiaGallo
First Poster
Options

Yeah, I'm getting problems too. After updating, the phone started overheating so I factory reset it. After factory resetting it, the problem still persisted as the phone was still overheating, so I enabled Power saving mode with "Limit apps and Home screen" and then it stopped overheating, after a while I disabled the Power saving mode and it still didn't heat up. I worry that if I reboot the phone, it'll start overheating again.

0 Likes
redfire12
Student
Options
samsung, absolutely detest the new update. everything is worse. can i roll back? literally turned my S10 into the functionality of the cheapest nastiest pound shop smartphone. wtf convinced you this cluster of ***** was an update???

terrible....
skarosian
First Poster
Options

i'd also like to add on that the update is VISUALLY awful as well - everything might as well just turn completely transparent since they keep getting rid of backgrounds and borders and solid colors!! i enjoyed how compact and easy to navigate the last UI was. now it's all blurry and bulky and useless. at the very least give your users CUSTOMIZATION over dished-out downgrades 😕

0 Likes
Galaxy A02s
First Poster
Options

Hmmm this 3.1 will make me revert back to my old UI that worked...I cant even keep a call focused! Whenever I answer or make a call and put it on my ear, the call screen dissappears after a few seconds. And I look around for it in order to end the call..I wonder what kind of useful feature this is...

0 Likes