Go to solution Solved

Onedrive does not sync albums properly

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 12:12 PM)
jmscaramal
Journeyman
Options

Hj everyone...

Good afternoon...

I've recently decided to make a try on the onedrive X Samsung gallery integration.

I've created some albums in my Samsung gallery and selected those ones to be synced by onedrive. However, when I check the one drive app, it doesn't sync the albums as defined in the gallery.

Seems that it copies all photos from the albums I've selected, and put them in a single directory (or at least visualization) on onedrive app. 

Is that really how it works? Will I have to manually create the album again on onedrive app?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @jmscaramal 

I also gave OneDrive a go and felt like it didn't sync as seamlessly as Samsung Cloud did.

Also I kept getting a preparing message in my status bar which makes me feel it's not as optimised as Samsung Cloud either.

Personally I ended up signing out of OneDrive and now use Dropbox instead.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
TechnoSteve
Explorer
Options
When I done it on my phone the same happened, and I still have not got around to sorting them out. I think onedrive has certain tick boxes of how to sync things over
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @jmscaramal 

I also gave OneDrive a go and felt like it didn't sync as seamlessly as Samsung Cloud did.

Also I kept getting a preparing message in my status bar which makes me feel it's not as optimised as Samsung Cloud either.

Personally I ended up signing out of OneDrive and now use Dropbox instead.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

jmscaramal
Journeyman
Options

Hi all.. Thanks for sharing your experiences...

Yeahhh... I'm familiarized with Dropbox and it indeed works much better than onedrive.

I decided to give onedrive a try mostly due to the office 365 signature... 

But I think that after all the way to go will be moving to Dropbox as well. I've searched for this subject a lot already on the internet and saw that most of the time people moved to a different cloud app (Dropbox mostly)... Seems that the album feature is not there and that onedrive has constant sync issues... 

In my case for instance, I've realized that it only sync the folder when I go to the gallery menu and press the 'sync now' button, which is annoying... Even after selecting a specific album / folder on Samsung gallery to sync, it won't sync until I press sync now.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing your experiences so far 

ThomasJ
Explorer
Options
I had similar issues at the start. To solve the issue, I moved all pictures out of the folder on my pc and then organised them how I wanted them into folders. Synced in gallery app while folder was empty and then once synced moved them back on PC and synced again. Not had any issues since. I think the initial setup can lead to complications, but the above solved my problem.
jmscaramal
Journeyman
Options

Hi all.. Thanks for your replies...

Sorry for the late reply...

I gave it a try @ThomasJ, but unfortunately didn't solve the issue for me. The onedrive still can't separate the photos per album (although it organizes them in folders)...

Anyway, I got used to it... So far I'm still using onedrive mostly because of office365... But I definetly miss Dropbox...

Thanks again for your replies guys. 

0 Likes
Microsoft825
First Poster
Options

If you guys don't know how to move onedrive from c drive to d drive

then you can refer to the article above.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Onedrive works a dream on my huawei phone but after the mess on my samsung mobile i wont be buying samsung again it work link my microsoft account comes back with error please try and thats been stuck like that for a freaking year swiftkey aint far behind with their cockups what a bunch of peasants

0 Likes