Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 10 plus OFFICIAL screen protector

(Topic created on: 20/11/19 12:09)
MadalinK
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note10 Series

Can anyone confirm if I am able to buy official replacement screen protectors for the Note 10 plus in the UK? There are none on the Samsung Online Store ( only for the S10 plus which also came with one pre installed ) and apparently none in the Experience Stores. 

The one that is pre installed will need replacing at some point and I would be interested to continue having the genuine Samsung one.

So far, Samsung UK have not provided a clear answer to this. 

 

Thank you! 






Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
90 REPLIES 90
AKFIN
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note10 Series

I have a Note 9 where old type tempered glass works great as the FPS is at the back, looks like I am gonna skip the NOTE 10+. I just cant use a flip case. The plastic films are very unclear which you get at Aliexpresss etc. reminds of the times before tempered glass came

0 Likes
Reply
StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy Note10 Series

@MadalinK wrote:

 


@StellarTraveler wrote:

@MadalinK wrote:

Can anyone confirm if I am able to buy official replacement screen protectors for the Note 10 plus in the UK? There are none on the Samsung Online Store ( only for the S10 plus which also came with one pre installed ) and apparently none in the Experience Stores. 

The one that is pre installed will need replacing at some point and I would be interested to continue having the genuine Samsung one.

So far, Samsung UK have not provided a clear answer to this. 

 

Thank you! 


None are being manufactured at the moment. No official factory installed type.  Only for new devices as needed 


 

That does not sound good at all ! 

 

Where are you getting this info from? 

Samsung UK themselves couldn't give me an answer to my question. 


info direct from samsung sales.

0 Likes
Reply
MadalinK
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note10 Series

@StellarTraveler wrote:

@MadalinK wrote:

 


@StellarTraveler wrote:

@MadalinK wrote:

Can anyone confirm if I am able to buy official replacement screen protectors for the Note 10 plus in the UK? There are none on the Samsung Online Store ( only for the S10 plus which also came with one pre installed ) and apparently none in the Experience Stores. 

The one that is pre installed will need replacing at some point and I would be interested to continue having the genuine Samsung one.

So far, Samsung UK have not provided a clear answer to this. 

 

Thank you! 


None are being manufactured at the moment. No official factory installed type.  Only for new devices as needed 


 

That does not sound good at all ! 

 

Where are you getting this info from? 

Samsung UK themselves couldn't give me an answer to my question. 


info direct from samsung sales.


The info that I got from Samsung UK was that they are available at Samsung Experience Stores. 

 

I received news that some came in stock and I am getting one fitted today.

I will let you know how it goes. 






Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0dayprevention
First Poster
Options
Galaxy Note10 Series

Hello,

 

I am here to officially address this issue on behalf of all users whom own a Samsung Note 10, or Samsung Galaxy Note 10+.

 

As you are all aware with great technology comes minor defaults or implications no matter how much testing is done. Example being this case where a user was able to trick the system into thinking the fingerprint being used at the time was in fact the real one, as you all know the story goes much deeper then that but I am here to spare us that time.

 

On behalf of Samsung, if you as a end user were forced to apply the update to patch the security fingerprint vulnerability and had to remove the for simple terms film screen front protector your phone was shipped with we will overnight at our cost a package via USPS you will receive the next day and after talking to a rep you will also get a ticket number to track your case. I can tell you only this much, no where including the Samsung store, Amazon, or any other sites are allowed to sell the film made by the Samsung Develoment team. Furthermore, under no circumstances do you want to go this route you must fully comply that only our dev team will careful apply the out of box film (specific name classified). ETA on rush order to get back because we all use mobile devices for communication is 3-5 days.

Your first action will need to be contact support in the Samsung app, tell them you had to remove the cover due to mandatory update forced upon you resulting in removal of cover, a few minutes following then online chat you will be contacted and screen sharing for IME info, etc will be obtained. We will ask for a email to keep you posted and also go as far as to communicate with you via our Samsung text line.

 

This is all I can say in regards to the matter. I will say this much in conclusion please avoid using 3rd party chargers such as Anchor, White Diamond tempered UV glass, and more. Only genuine film will always respond to your fingerprint post firmware update. Circling back to chargers, as Anchor is one of the best companies when it comes to charging it does interact with to much output to your core processor, and thermal core processors. This has for many effected the top right edge of the screen to reach melting points when charged in playing a game, connected to wifi and multiple apps running. As far as the contact number, please contact samsung help support via your mobile app while it will then be escalated. It's worth noting most everything is covered for 1 year by default from Samsung except the protector which originally was $29.99 till pulled from all corners of the web. So if you want the best experience out of your incredible device please take the exact steps mentioned above. Saying or doing else wise could result in not getting a free replacement. I ask not to be bombarded with questions or inside knowledge.

Thank you.

Regards

0Day Protection

0 Likes
Reply
Cassidy007
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy Note10 Series

@MadalinK 

Welcome 

MadalinK
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note10 Series

Thank you @0dayprevention for your very detailed explanation.

Does this also apply to european users? 






Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
Reply
muzza
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note10 Series
If you want a good screen protector for your note 10, everyone talks about the white stone dome ones. The ones I prefer are the nuglas ones full screen adhesive and they're only about £5-£6. Hope that helps
MadalinK
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note10 Series

@muzza wrote:
If you want a good screen protector for your note 10, everyone talks about the white stone dome ones. The ones I prefer are the nuglas ones full screen adhesive and they're only about £5-£6. Hope that helps

I think I've said it before, but I don't like the idea of a UV cured glass. 

I did have another official screen protector applied at the Samsung Experience Store (which I was told is also installed using UV light) but had to remove it and change it when my phone was in for service. It had the motherboard and then the camera replaced all in one day, so the screen protector that was on ended up scratched. 

I am now using an InvisibleShield one (Zagg) that has not peeled off in the week I have had it on. 






Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
dsquared_asid
New Member
Options
Galaxy Note10 Series

I've had my Note10+ for almost a year.  I've put up with the minor scratches on the screen protector for nearly as long as I've had the phone.  Silly me, I didn't even know there was a protector on it until I saw the first scratch, thought it was a hair, and realized putting my phone in a purse pocket with my keys had caused it.  Last weekend, I dropped the phone from a short distance, and created a hole in my screen protector.  Now I'm on the hunt for an oem replacement.  Has anyone had any luck?

0 Likes
Reply
Kay1
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note10 Series
I swore by the 'Loca Glue' and 3rd party glass solution for a while, but all were prone to cracking too easily.
I don't know if the branded solutions such as 'Whitestone' would have been sturdier, but the £40 plus cost was too prohibitive for an experiment.
In the end I landed on the 'wet apply' solution and haven't looked back.
In my opinion, this is the closest to the Samsung original. Easy to apply, long lasting and no decrease in the fingerprint sensor's sensitivity.
Here's a link for the one I use, 3 for a very low cost.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07X6DJKDJ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
0 Likes
Reply