Note 10 plus freezing at G button Updates

(Topic created on: 25-09-2019 07:03 PM)
SlavaK
Apprentice
Options

Note 10 plus.

First step: open G app

Second step: press "Updates" button.

When I press Updates button in app Google (this is big G icon for this app) (app version is 10..., all is at last versions), than Note is freezing (only swype touch is recognized for system menu, side menu and button home). This stop to react to any touch, the only solution is to restart this device. This problem was repeated on all tested in our different local shops Note 10 plus and Note 10.  All tested (near 7 pcs of Notes) was freezing. But Samsung support says that their samples at technical department do this work without freezing, so they say that this problem is not present.  Please write, If yours Note 10 plus/ Note 10 has the same problem.

Cache cleaning, system reset was done, but problem is the same. In safe mode this "Updates" button do not react on any touch. This can be repeated with any Note 10 plus and Note 10 in my local stores. It is looks like the whole defective revision in my local stores. Samsung technicals can not provide any working solution. According to their words this must be provided to repair service, but in this case all tested Note 10 and plus must go to repair service from the box. Please, write do you have such problem or not. This will help

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
RozvM
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Did you tried to delete the application data?

Kérlek nyomj a MEGJELÖLÉS MEGOLDÁSKÉNT! gombra, hogyha az adott hozzászólás megoldotta a problémádat. Ezzel nem csak a mi munkánkat, hanem a felhasználók gyorsabb és könnyebb tájékozódását is elősegítheted!

0 Likes
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hi @SlavaK  and welcome in the Samsung's forum.  My note 10+ is not freeezing when I press on the big G icon. i clean the memory  and the the stockage each day with the Device Maintenance.

You should read this webpage , it could help in the future :

https://thedroidguy.com/samsung-galaxy-note-10-troubleshooting

Galaxy Note10+ fix #4: Clear cache partition

If Galaxy Note10+ is running slow after installing updates or apps, there may be a problem with the system cache. To see if there’s a system cache problem, try to clear the cache partition. This is a portion of your internal storage that keeps the system cache. Sometimes, updates or app installation may corrupt the system cache and cause problems. Fortunately, problems coming from a bad system cache can easily be fixed by simply clearing the cache partition. This will erase the system cache so the system can rebuild a new one as you use the device. If you haven’t tried this one yet, here’s how to do it:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the green Android logo displays, release both keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. The Recovery screen menu will now appear. When you see this, release the buttons.
  5. Use the Volume Down button until you are highlighting ‘Wipe cache partition.’
  6. Press the Power button to select ‘Wipe cache partition.’
  7. Use Volume Down to highlight Yes.
  8. Press the Power button to confirm the action to clear the cache.
  9. Wait for a second as the system wipes the cache.
  10. Press the Power button again to reboot the device. This will return the device to the normal interface.
  11. That’s it!

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
0 Likes
SlavaK
Apprentice
Options

Hello, yes cache was cleared (system and app), system reset was done, in safe mode this button "Updates" is not reacting to any touch. This was repeated on few stand and out of box devices with the same result. It looks like whole defective revision, as it can be repeated in few local stores with different Note 10 plus

SlavaK
Apprentice
Options

To Cassidy007

First step: open G app

Second step: press "Updates" button.

And yes, cache was cleared (system and app), system reset was done, in safe mode this button "Updates" is not reacting to any touch. This was repeated on few stand and out of box devices with the same result. It looks like whole defective revision, as it can be repeated in few local stores with different Note 10 plus

0 Likes