Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10+ Android 11 Camera unusable for Video

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 04:06 PM)
thering1975
Explorer
Options

Okay, just upgraded OTA the latest Android 11 for Note10+ and have to say it is the first time i regret installing Samsung's latest OS.

Before i go the route of using Odin and wiping and starting fresh just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced the following.

When shooting video on the main camera, there are micro jitter/stutters all over the place. This is with basic image stabilisation on and off, hdr on and off, 1080p 30 or 60fps. Its hard to explain but if you pan the camera either direction the focusing is stuttering or the stabilisation or something is going wrong and basically all video is unusable. Standard photos are fine it only affects the video mode. Have tested on other camera apps and the issue is present in all of them

Anyone else tested and see this.

short example -

21 REPLIES 21
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
have you tried cleaning your camera?
0 Likes
VSVasiliy
Student
Options

I have this problem too

thering1975
Explorer
Options

I have also tried reflashing the whole firmware image via Odin and the same result. Clearing data and cache of the camera makes no difference either. It truly is borked.

VSVasiliy
Student
Options

it's very bad.

I'm also cleared camera cache and data, reset settings and really have no idea what else we can do for fix it.

thering1975
Explorer
Options

Yeah i know the feeling. Funny thing is im trying to avoid a full odin reflash using non home CSC as then the device is wiped and i have about 20 2fa accounts in google app which would need unsetting on each website and then resetting up after the wipe.

Even worse im even contemplating jumping ship and joining the other side, lol which is bad enough for the stick i would get doing it.😂

Im sure Samsung will get round to a fix or update by next month

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Yea I'm having the issue and it's driving me insane, really disappointed considering this issue isn't present in the s10+ that I've checked with

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Update: I kept searching around and found on a forum a moderator said to reset camera settings

I did that and put all my settings to original and the stuttering has reduced quite a bit. Some micro stutters still there but mostly gone.

Hope this helps!
0 Likes
thering1975
Explorer
Options

It will come back quite quickly, i did a full reset of the camera app inc wipe data and cache and took about 5 mins before the stutters shown in the video above come back

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
why is this even a thing, the phone is clearly powerful enough for this not to happen, guess I'll stick to 1080 30 since its not as noticeable compared to 1080 60