Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moisture detected error

(Topic created on: 11-11-2020 08:12 PM)
WarrenO
First Poster
Options

Hi 

I have been having trouble with my Note10+ for the last 3 days where the moisture detected error has been on permanently. The phone is 11 months old and has never been in water or near water. I have tried all the suggestions including doing a factory reset but it is still there. I have had to buy a wireless charger to keep charging. 

I have tried to back up some photos to mu USB stick but the phone does not even recognise it as well. I was wondering if the usb port could be faulty.

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Macca14
First Poster
Options
u can switch that water 💧 ***** off system info, in settings. But we reappear when u boot u ur phone best I know.
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I've heard people have similar issues and that cleaning the charging port helps to stop it. you have to be delicate though not to damage anything. in the end your phone has a 24 month warranty... any kind of damage will void the warranty.
0 Likes
theoracle
Pathfinder
Options
I thought I was going mad and I had done something, I have the same issue with my Note 10+ 5g since the last update. nothing in my port at all. I've even done a full reset and issue still exists.
0 Likes
AM4N
Voyager
Options
Unfortunately even a grain of sugar can trigger the sensor, you need a dry tooth brush and gently clean out the charging port.
theoracle
Pathfinder
Options
for me it came on shortly after the October update. nothing in the port, brushed and blown with air as a precaution.
0 Likes
JohnW27
Pioneer
Options
When I had this issue on my Note 9, the way I got rid of it was this.

Switch phone off.
Plug in charging cable.
Leave for 2 mins.
Switch phone back on.

The warning disappeared, however it did come back a few months later.
0 Likes
RobWhite
Journeyman
Options
Had exactly the same problem with my Note 8 and worryingly it's just started happening on my S10+. I've been so careful with this one, I've even used one of those magnetic charging cables with an adapter that stays in the charging port but the phone still thinks moisture is getting in. Think your rights it's a problem with the port itself. You can always sync your photos to Google photos to save them if you haven't done that already
0 Likes
Big2g
Student
Options
just had the moisture warning on my note 10 plus 5g ....have to say that I phoned the Samsung support up and they were very helpful and after doing a few resets and things they decided that my phone was faulty . however ive read the comments on here about simply cleaning the port out with a dry tooth brush . having done so its now working again and the warning has gone !!
0 Likes
Big2g
Student
Options
thankyou for the advice pal ..cleaned mine out with a dry brush now working again
0 Likes